page 13 • lunkheadkawa

The entire four classes up till lunch were scarring.

You could feel all the harsh glares from multiple girls in your class.

Stupid lunkhead Oikawa.

You didn't even notice that you had been doodling insult names for the idiot all over the back of your notebook.

All that, and it still wasn't enough.

After the dreaded classes, you get slowly dragged to the cafeteria by Misaki. She was the only one who was willing to talk to you, and the only one you considered a friend, in the entire class.

"Yo." A familiar voice calls, and you turn to see Iwaizumi waving to you, and a slightly nervous Hanamaki following behind him. This makes you recall the fact that the boy actually had feelings for Misaki unbeknownst to her knowledge. It made you wonder what Oikawa would do if you asked him to help the two get together.

"Oi. [Name]? What are you spacing out over?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Misaki has to ask, giggling at Iwaizumi. "It's about Oikawa-senpai, of course."

At the response, both you and the wing spiker shudder, flinching. If there was one word that didn't deserve to be used in relation to Oikawa, that would be 'senpai'.

Students file out of the classes, all of them ready to enjoy whatever they had in plan for lunch. While you lean against the wall and wait for the idiot to show up, you have small talk with Iwaizumi while Misaki and Hanamaki are busy debating about a TV show that they both saw a couple nights ago.

Ten minutes pass before Oikawa steps out of classroom 6, panting heavily as he runs up to you.

"Sorry, [Name]-chan! I had to finish filling out this form. Can you come with me to take this to the faculty office?" He wants to know, catching his breath and glancing at the three others who stood beside you. Raising an eyebrow at Iwaizumi, he then glances at you, grabbing your wrist and pulling you along.

"Sorry, Iwa-chan, but [Name]-chan is mine!" He yells as he breaks into a run. You can feel the stares of girls all around you as you did, and you were sure you heard Iwaizumi cursing Oikawa before the two of you make it to the staircase.

"Let go," You hiss, when you reach the office. "I can walk on my own."

"Aw, you're so cute, trying to be an independent woman." He gushes. Before you can respond, he steps inside to hand over the sheets he had, and then takes hold of your hand.

"Hurry, or we won't make it to the bus."

"The bus?" Your voice echoes while you hurried down the stairs, and you see him nodding while he races downstairs. Rushing out to the gate, you see the school bus, which the two of you get into.

"It's the first time you agreed to go on a date with me, so I need to take you out properly, right?" He has to say, when the two of you sit down. The bus engine starts, the vehicle moving slowly and making a turn to the main road.

"This isn't a date, it's just lunch."

"It's a lunch date."

"It's not."

"It's exactly a date. "

You realise that there was no point in arguing with the boy anymore. A couple minutes of travelling later, the two of you step out in front of a fast food restaurant. It comes as a shock to you when he takes a hold of your - slightly sweaty - hand, and the two of you enter the place.

"[Name]-chan, did you know, I live near here."

"Here?" You ask, taking a seat by the window. Oikawa gives a nod, sighing as he takes a glance around the ceiling.