page 15 • fruitcakekawa

The briefing lasted only 20 minutes, and the students are grouped based on their majors, and assigned staff to take them on the tour.

There are a few friends of Oikawa who have joined the same University, and it seemed like he got the hint form when you had pinched his arm after he called you his girlfriend. So instead, he simply says your name, if anyone asks, and you feel thankful and decide not to call him a fruitcake in your head for a while.

"[Name], look at that!" Oikawa's tone is excited as he points at something at the left. You turn your gaze to where he is pointing at, and see that there is a small fountain there, standing proudly with five small nozzles that poured water.

"It lights up at night, a golden colour," The man assigned as the staff says, and Oikawa's eyes gleam as he turns to face you, then to the man. He then looks at the name tag of the staff, before he addresses him.

"Kanzou-sensei, is it fine for me to go take a picture there with her?" He wants to know, pointing at you. You are squeezing Oikawa's arm in embarrassment when the staff nods, and some of the boys are giggling when he drags you towards the phone and pulls his phone out.

You feel a little less like you would explode when some more of the students follow the two of you, posing in different places and getting shots with the fountain. Not wanting an ugly picture which Oikawa can potentially use against you for the rest of your life, you smile for the camera, and he gasps after he takes the shot.

"Why don't you ever smile like this when I do something?" He wants to know, a question you ignore when you head back to where the rest of the group stood, gawking at the fountain in awe... While some girls were clearly having their eyes set on a certain volleyball player who is standing beside you.

You called it, when you hear a squeaky voice mumble Oikawa's name from behind you. The two of you turn around to see a girl with long black hair, a sincere smile, and reddened cheeks.

"Hello, Oikawa-kun, I'm a fan of yours." She says, introducing herself. Oikawa gives a quick glance at you before he turns to the girl in amusement.

"Thank you. I'll try not to let you down." He has to say, and the staff begins to walk ahead. Oikawa's hand slip into yours once again, and you look up to the taller boy's profile as you walked alongside him.

"Are you going to continue playing volleyball, even in college?" You ask, and he gives a nod.

"Even if I become the best player in the world, I'm still going to keep on playing."

The unwavering resolve he has makes you smile a little, and you give his hand a small squeeze. From the corner of your eyes, you can see Oikawa's wide eyes as he looks down at your hand in utter shock.

The university was well constructed, and even the dorms look lively and well-lived in. Oikawa didn't have to suggest you to join this university when you finished high school, because you had already made up your mind, along with the information you had received from the workshop earlier.

You didn't realise how much fun you were having out with Oikawa, and you didn't even realise how late it was until you stepped out of the university and found the entire surrounding dark.

"How long have we been in there, oh my god."

Oikawa takes a look at his wristwatch, before he pulls on your arm a little.

"Not enough. We still need to do everything a couple does on Christmas-eve." He responds, pointing at well-lit lights all around. There were hundreds of people all around you, and even more couples, who walked hand in hand, and you didn't feel as awkward to let Oikawa pull you along to a mall nearby, since everybody was doing that as well.