page 27 • logheadkawa

Just as Oikawa was scary while he was playing volleyball, he's just as scary as a tutor.

"As I said," he visibly huffs, "Please, please use the substitution method for these kinds of simultaneous equations, [Name]-chan!"

It's a couple of days after Karasuno's match, and Mei has been supportive of your decision to apply to her school, going so far as to collect the forms for you, preparing your documents and bringing a copy of last year's entrance exams for your reference.

As you and Oikawa sit at the table in your living room, the sprawled out textbooks - most of which have gathered so much dust from abandonment - make a permanent pout become plastered onto your face.

"Stop looking at other places, look here!!!" Oikawa taps on the sheet in front of you, and you let out a fake sob. Why must maths be this hard?

"Has this loghead learned a single formula, Tooru?" Mei calls from where she stands, stirring a large pot of curry by the stove.

"Actually, she has made a one-percent progress, because she got a couple of questions I gave earlier right, so let's see if that's [Name]-chan's maximum potential." Oikawa shrugs, getting up and taking a step back right in time to dodge your outgoing punch towards him. "While she's doing that question, is there anything I can help you with?"

"I got it all under control, don't worry, Tooru~" Mei responds, smiling at your boyfriend. It makes you feel a little weird to refer to Oikawa as your boyfriend, not after all the history you two were notorious for having.

Oikawa's school notes are just as pretty as his face, and this irks you even further. Your notes felt like claw marks in comparison to Oikawa's neatly sub-categorized notes; how on Earth did he even get the time to do all this work when he spends so much time after school at his club, and come home so late?

"Tooru?"

A baffled Mei and Oikawa both turn their heads to look at you, eyes wide in shock, at hearing the way you were addressing the setter. When you raise an eyebrow and ask 'what?!' Mei lets out a groan in defeat and stomps towards her room while Oikawa crosses his arms over his chest with a smug expression on his face.

"What-"

"Here's your stupid 20 bucks, Shittykawa!" Mei has to say, storming back out and placing a cash note on Oikawa's hand.

"Now, now, don't be salty and start calling me the names [Name]-chan has finally stopped calling me, Mei-chan!~"

"What's going on here?"

"Well, Mei-chan and I had a bet where she said you wouldn't call me by my first name before the end of January, and she lost her bet just now!" Oikawa cheers in victory, waving the note in front of your face like a little kid. "I won!! I won I won I won! Beat that, Mei-chan!~"

"This is low-key bullying, Tooru."

"Yeah. I can't believe you're taking money from freshmen, your reputation is really gonna go down the drain, you Logheadkawa."

"I-It was a bet!" Oikawa whines, and he has such a constipated pout on his face that it makes you giggle in response. 

Oikawa once again taps back on your math worksheet, glancing at you. "Now enough. Try and use your brain to figure out how to get the probability in question 56!"

"We've already done 55 questions, cut me some slack!" You whine in response at the now-serious-faces Oikawa. He shakes his head, tapping on the sheet in question.

"Do you remember what I said about these kinds of questions?"

"You have to... add these fractions?"