Prolouge

(A/N: so I've seen this movie twice and I absolutely fell in love with Newt and I couldn't help but get the sudden urge to write a fan fiction about this movie. So I hope you enjoy! So in this story, you (which you are a pure blood) and Newt had become friends since the first train ride to Hogwarts. He told you about his mother being a breeder of hippogriffs, which you thought was fascinating, and then the two of you would talk about other magical creatures. Once you get to Hogwarts, the both of you get sorted into Hufflepuff and then your friendship just kept growing. At one point, Newt started a friendship with Leta Lestrange which you weren't too crazy about but decided to give her a chance. After while you started to develop a crush on Newt but you knew your feelings wouldn't be reciprocated because he seemed to like Leta a lot. So you buried your feelings for the young man and continued to be his friend. But then one day, during your sixth year, it all changed....)

"Stay right there. I want to surprise him." I whispered to the little Bowtruckle in my cloak pocket. The little creature looks up at me, nods and hides in my pocket. I smile as I walk towards the entrance of Hogwarts, heading my way to the Great Hall for dinner. Once I get there, I don't see Newt anywhere at our Hufflepuff table. 'Hmmm, that's strange? He's usually here by now.' I think as I continue to look around the hall.

"(Y/N)!" My friend, (Your Best friend's name), shouted.

I look around and see her walking over to me, I smile as she walks over to me. "I guess you're looking for Scamander?" She asked. "Yeah....have you seen him?" I asked her. She gave me this sad look then looks over her shoulder at someone then back at me. "What? What's wrong?" I asked with concern. "Um.....uh.....I don't know how to tell you this, (y/n), but he is up at the headmasters office." She said.

"Why?" I asked. She sighs and said.

"There was an accident and....well.....from what I've heard.....I'm so sorry, (y/n) but I think he is going to be expelled." She said with very sad look. My eyes widen at this and I turn and run the other direction. "(Y/N)!" I hear my friend call after me but I ignore her as I run towards the headmasters office.

I turn the corner that I knew leads me to the office and I see Professor Dumbledore and Newt standing outside the doorway. "I'm sorry, Newt. I tried..." I hear Dumbledore say as I make my way to them. "It's okay, Professor. You tried." Newt mumbled and he looks up and sees me approaching them. "(Y/N)!" He said as Dumbledore turns around and sees me. He gives a sympathetic smile to us and said, to Newt. "I'll leave you two alone." And he walks away.

Once Dumbledore was completely out of earshot, I turn to Newt. "What happened? (Friend's name) said there was an accident and she heard you....."  

"I'm expelled." Newt said as he avoids my eyes and looks down at the floor.

"What?" I asked, tears forming up in my eyes.

"They expelled me because of endangering a student's life and...." He replied.  

"Was it Leta?" I asked, arms folded across my chest.

He looks up at me and starts to stutter and mumble. "Um....w-well....uh...y-you s-see...." He started to say but I shake my head. "That answers my question." I said as I sigh heavily. "Why, Newt? Why did you protect her?" I asked. I look up at him and see that his eyes kept shifting back and forth, trying his best not to look at me. I sigh again as I close my eyes, holding back tears.

"I-I'm sorry, (y/n)." He said, softly.

I hold back a sob and said. "It's not your fault, Newt." I look back into his eyes and see hurt and sadness in his eyes. "So when do you leave?" I asked. "Tomorrow morning." He replied softly and I nod at this.

Suddenly a small squeak sound emits from my pocket, Newt looks over at me with a confused look. "Was that you?" He asked. I shake my head as I look down at my cloak pocket, I completely forgot about the Bowtruckle. "No....um....I found him and was going to give him to you and well...." I said as I reach into my pocket and pull out the little green stick creature. The little guy stands onto my open palmed and looks at me then over at Newt, who stares at it in disbelief.

"Merlin's beard." He whispered.

"I went to the Forbidden Forest for just alittle walk and saw this little guy. I got so excited so I thought I would bring him to you." I said. I walk over to Newt and grabbed his hand, turn his hand open palm and placed my hand next to his.

The Bowtruckle looks at me with concern and I smile. "Go on." I said, softly. The creature looks at me then walks over to Newt's hand and I slowly remove my hand away from his as Newt looks down at the little creature. T

he Bowtruckle looks at him for a moment then makes an approval noise then climbs on his shoulder. "I think he likes you." I said.

"You think so?" Newt asked me.

I nod as he moves his hand towards his shoulder and the Bowtruckle jumps on it as Newt continues to look at him. "Now he just needs a name." I said.

"Hmm.....how about.....Pickett?" Newt asked with a smile.

I chuckle as Newt places Pickett, gently, into his pocket. "So I guess you need to start packing then." I said and Newt nods. "C'mon, I'll help you." And the both of us head to the common room and to his bed and packed all of his stuff, all the while people stare at Newt and start to whisper and gossip about him.

The next day, he and I walked down the ground towards the Hogwarts Express. The closer we got to the train the more tears fall down my face and I kept wiping the streaming tears away because I wanted to be strong for my best friend and I didn't want him to see me cry because I know that would upset him. We make it to the platform and Newt turns around to face me and stops.

"What?" I asked, my voice going croaky.

"You're crying. Please don't cry." He said.

I bite my lip as I try to hold back some tears but then it became too much and I started to cry in front of him. I, then, felt two strong arms wrap around me and then he pulls me close to his chest. "Don't cry, (y/n). We'll see each other again." He said, quietly. I sniff at this a few times as tears roll down my face.

"Hogwarts won't be the same without you, Newt. I'm going to miss you."  I said as I move my head from his chest and look him in the eyes and see that there's tears falling down on his face. "I'll miss you too." He replied. He looks me in the eyes for a moment which turn into to concern.

Finally after a moment, he kissed my forehead then let's me go and grabs his school trunk that was sitting right next to him. "I'll write to you every week, okay?" He said. "You better, Mr Scamander." I said with a chuckle. He laughs back then looks over at the train, takes a deep breath and boards the train.

Few moments later, the train starts moving and I see his head sticking out of the window and he waves at me. I wave back until I can't see him anymore then I head back towards Hogwarts and head to the common room, towards my bed and cry my eyes out.

Alittle over a year and many promised letters later, I graduated from Hogwarts and went back home to my parents. A month after that, I went to the Ministry of Magic and applied for a job there. They were impressed with my grades but noticed that my best grade was in Care of Magical Creatures. That's when they put me in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

As they were showing me around the department, I heard a familiar voice behind me say. "(Y/N)?" I turned around and see the familiar tall reddish brown hair and green eyes man. I smile and ran towards Newt and we hugged each other.

We started working together there for a few years when suddenly Augustus Worme commissioned Newt to write a book about magical creatures and of course he jumped at the opportunity. That's when he asked me if I wanted to join him and travel around the world with him and study all the different kinds of magical creatures that this world can offer us and of course I said yes and that's when we travelled to several countries and found numerous creatures.

Newt even brought a suitcase that was bewitched to basically hold a whole other world inside so that we could keep the creatures and take care of them.

During our travels, we decided to head to America to release the Thunderbird we caught, we were hoping for just a quick stopover but,with our luck, nothing is ever that easy.