Epilogue: A New Beginning

ONE WEEK LATER

*3RD PERSON POV*

At the canning factory, an exhausted Jacob, surrounded by a crowd of similarly overall end production line workers, is leaving after a hard day's shift. As he walks out, case in hand, a man in a blue overcoat collides into him, knocking his case to the ground. "So sorry--sorry!" The man said and he continues on.

"Hey!" Jacob shouts out after the man but he just keeps walking.

Jacob bends to pick up his case and looks down, puzzled. His old case is suddenly very heavy. One of the catches flicks open of its own accord. Jacob smiles a little, and bends down to open the case.

Inside, the case is filled with solid silver shells and there was a note attached the them. Jacob picks up the note and reads:

​​​​​​​Dear Mr Kowalski,

You are wasted in a canning factory.
Please take these Occamy eggshells as collateral 
for your bakery.

Well-wishers.

​​​​​​​Jacob looks around the street and smiles, he doesn't know what the hell an Occamy is but he thanks whoever for these eggshells.

Little did he know, his well-wishers were just down the street and around the corner, watching him. You and Newt watch as Jacob closes the case and start to leave again.

"Good luck, Jacob." You whisper, smiling. Newt smirks as he looks over at you.

"He'll be all right." He muttered to you. You nod at him as the two of you look at each other and smile. Newt crooks his arm to you and you loop your arm through it and the both of you Disapparate.

​​​​​​​*YOUR POV*

​​​​​​​The next day, Newt and I are walking along the New York harbor, preparing to leave New York. I look down at his case and smile as I see it tied, tightly, with a string. Since the weather decided to be cold, Newt and I wear our Hufflepuff scarves along with our coats. Tina wanted to come with us so she walks alongside us as we reach the boarding gate.

"Well, it's been..." Newt trailed off as he smiles and we turn to face her.

"Hasn't it!" Tina said with an anxious smile.

The three of us stare at each other in silence when Tina speaks up. "Listen, I wanted to thank you two."  Newt furrows his brow and asked. "What on earth for?"  

"Well, you know, if you two hadn't said all this nice things to Madam Picquery about me--I wouldn't be back on the investigative team now." She replied. "You're very welcome, Tina." I said as she nods at me.

"Well, try to stay out of trouble you two." She said with a smirk.

"We will." I said as Newt takes my hand in his and smiles.

"Quiet life for us from now on....back to the Ministry....deliver my manuscript." He said.

"I'll look out for it. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." She said. I look over at her then look up at Newt.

"I kind of like the sound of that." I told him and the three of us laugh. Once the laughter dies down, I set down my case and walk over to Tina and hug her. "I'm going to miss you two." She said, her voice full of tears. I pull back and look her in the eyes.

"Don't worry. We'll see each other again." I said and I walk back towards Newt, who walks over to her and hugs her too.

"We'll send you a copy of my book, if we may." Newt said as he walks back to my side.

"I'd like that." She said.

"What about if it was in person?" I asked her.

"I would like that very much and I'm sure Queenie would too." Tina said with a smile and I smile back at her.

"Come on, love. We have to go." Newt whispered and I nod at him as I bend down and pick up my case.

"Goodbye, Tina. I hope we see each other again." Newt said and Tina nods at us. 

We walk, hand in hand, onto the gangplank and aboard the ship. Once we get on the ship, it starts to sail off the harbor. We walk over to the edge and wave at Tina and she waves back at us until we can't see her no more. I lean against the edge and think about everything that has happened in the past week.

A week ago, Newt and I just wanted to get to America, go to Arizona and bring Frank back home but instead we ended up going on a wild goose chase after his creatures, across the city and made some friends, and some enemies, along the way, even though one of the friends won't remember what happened.

And also Newt and I found love within each other and I can't help but smile at this as the New York shoreline gets further and further away from us. "What are you thinking about, love?" Newt's voice asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Oh, just everything that we've been through this past week. It's weird actually." I replied as I look out and watch the shoreline.

"What's weird?" asked Newt.

I turn to face him and look him in his green eyes and said. "How a simple stopover turned into, probably, one of our greatest adventures."

Newt laughs as he wraps an arm around my waist and I look up at him, smiling. He looks down at me and smiles back.

"I hope after I turn in my manuscript and we take a little break, we can have more adventures together." He said.

"I know this is going to sound really silly but with you, every day is an adventure." I said and we smile at each other before Newt leans towards me and our lips meet and we continue to kiss, arms wrapped around each other, as the ship takes us far away from America.
                                                                                   THE END.....FOR NOW
​​​​​​​