A Fresh Start

*Amara*

I looked out of my window as the clouds begin to disappear and beautiful green grass emerged. I hate flying. "Strumming my pain with his fingers. Singing my life with his words. Killing me softly with his song. Killing me softly. " Lauryn was singing my truth.

Ding
"Please, place your seats in the upright positions as we make our final descent to the John Wayne airport"

I grabbed my bag from the overhead compartment and followed the flow of people off the plane. The sun was bright. I looked around for my cousin Sahara. The airport was so busy I started to become dizzy.

"Yo cuz, you made it!"

I watched Sahara as she moved through the crowd like a bird in flight. Full of elegance and grace.

"Yes mam! You look great!" She spun around. "And who are you wearing?" I asked.

"Me of course" she said looking herself up and down.

We hugged and laughed. Sahara was a model/fashion designer. Her jet black waist length hair sparkled in the sun light.

"You look gorgeous. I'm loving your locs. They have really grown. "

I grabbed my ponytail and admired my growth. "Thanks cuz. This is my God(7) year and I'm very proud of my babies. " I caressed and blew them kisses. Sahara looked at me crazy. We broke out laughing.

"Ummm... excuse me... Aren't you?..." this tall Ginuwine looking brother was starring Sahara naked.

"No!" Sahara said as she grabbed my hand and we headed in the direction of my luggage.

"Who was that miss Superstar?" I looked at my cousin. She just shrugged her shoulders and put her Gucci shades on her face and smiled.

"Girl... I don't know. People know me from the magazine covers and doing shows. My Instagram, Twitter and Facebook is going ham. People just want to be around now cause I'm famous. Don't know who's real or fake."

I looked at my cousin who wasn't the confident Vogue model but the 10 year old who cried on my shoulder when her mom died.

"I'm so glad you are here. It's gonna be just like when we were kids, except we have our own house now and can party, smoke, and drink all night long." She beamed from ear to ear.

"Cool. Did the movers set up everything ok?" I grabbed my bag from the belt, pulled the handle and rolled my luggage out the door.

"Yes they did ms.ocd. I also found out where your job at too. "

"Oh yeah. I can't wait to meet QLai. I hear he single and fine as hell."

"Mmm...Yes mam, but not today. We are going to a very exclusive party tonight. Maybe you'll meet someone there."

I frowned. Thoughts of James raced through my mind.

"Forget that jerk Amara. You deserve better."

Yes, I deserve better but jerk is an understatement. That bastard had the nerve to tell me that he was getting married on the day of his wedding after we had been dating for 2 years. No, he's not a jerk, he the Devil. That punk ass hole.

"Listen, I came here to have some fun and make mega bucks in the process. I'm not looking for a man. I leave my love life in destiny's hands."

Sahara rolled her eyes. "Still a hopeless romantic. Let's go, my boy Kevin is coming over to make us look gorgeous darlin." She said with a southern drawl.