Butterflies

*Amara*

"Damn Sahara. She just as beautiful as you are. What's yall nationality?"

"Our fathers are Nigerian and Indian." Sahara said to Kevin.

Kevin was a 6'2 husky brother but his feminine ass could whip your flip like a pancake and beat a face so good your own momma won't recognize you.

Sahara pranced around the spacious living room in her navy blue Bariano maxi-dress. She looked gorgeous in her silver Giuseppe winged stilettos. Her diamond anklet, bracelet and earrings sparkled. Her curly tresses bounced with every step.

"You look good Hara." I nodded my approval. She looked unsure then smiled. Why are all these model bitches so insecure? I thought to myself.

Kevin spun me around in the chair to face the mirror. "You look like an Indian porcelain doll." He said as I looked into the mirror and admired myself. My chocolate skin glowed. The beauty mark between my eyes now held a ruby bindi. My locs were now tightly curled and pointed to look like a short bob.

"Oh Amara. You look gorgeous." Sahara gasped.

I looked at myself again. "Thank you cuz. Maybe I should be a model too." I laughed.

"Uugghh... You don't want that stress, for real." Sahara said as she laid out the most beautiful (and possibly the most expensive) dress I've ever seen.
"This will look perfect on you."

I slipped on the black Herve Leger bandage dress and Christian Louboutin peek-a-boo pumps and had to take a double look. My little waist and fat ass had me feeling myself.

"Who is this woman?" I asked.

"A Goddess." Whispered Kevin as he licked his lips.

"A woman who's gonna get her dream man!" Shouted my cousin. "And Kevin, are you really gay? I think you are crushing on my cousin." Sahara asked Kevin as he fixed a loc that had come undone.

"Girl please, I'm just admiring my work." Kevin blushed.

"I think he's having a bisexual moment." I spoke to him like he was a baby and pinched his cheeks. "I forgive you Kevin boo boo." We all laughed.

*Honk Honk*

"That's our ride." Sahara said, as she grabbed her silver clutch and kissed Kevin on the cheek. I grabbed a red beaded clutch that matched my ruby and diamond accessories. Gave myself one last confident glance in the mirror and followed Sahara out the door.

"Thanks Kevin. I owe you one."
"Knock em dead girl."

We hopped in the limo and poured a glass of champagne. "To safe sex and paychecks." We clink glasses and laughed.

35 minutes and 2 champagne glasses later...

As we entered the lot of the Grand, I could see that this was a party for the rich and famous and I was neither. Limousines were lined up at the entrance, Maybachs and all sorts of convertibles were in the parking lot. I instantly became nervous. I'm a lawyer, not an actress, model or singer. I looked out the window to see stars. There were none.

"You ok cuz?" I felt Sahara's hand on my arm. I looked at her and smiled. I blew out air as I exhaled.

"Yea, I'm good. Let's get this party started."

Our car pulled up to the curb where a crowd of onlookers and photographers were waiting to see who would exit the limousines.

Sahara grabbed my hand and held it tight. "You ready?" Our door was opened and Sahara stepped out. The cameras begin to flash and reporters begun to yell her name. She looked back at me and grabbed my hand. The  cameras flashed like we were on the red carpet at the Grammy's. People were smiling an pointing at me. Probably wondering who this nobody was.

"Sahara, who is this beautiful woman with you?" a reporter yelled out the crowd.

"This is my cousin Amara." She said as we walked into the building. "You look great Sahara! I love you, Sahara!" People shouted from all over the place until we couldn't hear them inside.

I looked around the brightly lit room of gold and silver fixings. It seemed like heaven how shiny it was. I grabbed Sahara's hand.

"Girl, that's Trey Songz!" I said with excitement. Beaming from ear to ear. I continued to look around when I suddenly grabbed my chest.

"Oh shoot!!"

"What girl? What!!"

"There goes my baby!" I begin to sing as Usher walked by with some tall model type hanging onto him for dear life. We broke out laughing.

The Grand room was to die for. White and silver curtains hang from the ceilings. Candles on every table lit. Music blasting and the people were dressed in their red carpet best.

"Listen up lil country. Act like you belong here. No and I repeat NO autographs you big groupie."

We laughed as some tall Italian looking guy with jet black hair and beautiful green eyes approached us.

"Good evening Sahara." His Italian accent thick and sexual.

"Hello Santino. How are you?" They kissed cheeks and hugged briefly.

"And who is this gorgeous lady with you?" He took my hand and kissed it. I blushed.

"Santino, this is my cousin Amara."

"Hello cousin Amara. You look ravishing. Can I get you a drink?" He asked still holding onto my hand.

"We'll take champagne, please." I spoke with confidence. He nodded his head, kissed my hand again and walked away with a smile.

"OMG cuz, he's gorgeous." I said watching him walk away. His tailored Italian suit had his ass looking good enough to eat.

"Girl, yea, I guess." Sahara said tooting her lips.

Santino returned with our champagne and two real life models on each side of him.

"Sandi! Michelle!" They all squeled and hugged. These girls were beautiful. Sandi had long red hair and small freckles on her cheeks. Michelle was so tall with long legs and even longer hair. She looked like Jennifer Lopez when she did Selena.

"This my cousin Amara."

"Hey"

"How you doing? You working that dress mami." Michelle said while looking me up and down.

"Thank you. You too."

"Ain't I doe!" She said doing a half model walk. We giggled.

I semi listened to them as they talked about the who's who on the guest list. I looked into the crowd, watching people I've only seen in magazines, dance and drink amongst me, when I noticed this guy across the room damn near starring into my soul. I licked at my lips as my throat started to dry. He raised his champagne glass to me, nodded and stood up. My palms begin to sweat. "Is this butterflies?"

"Amara... Amara... Earth to Amara..." I heard my cousin call my name.

"Huh... What?" I turned in their direction. "What's up cuz?"

"Who were you just eye boning over there?" They all looked past me. I turned around. He was gone. I blushed.

"Umm. Nobody."

"Come take a picture with us."

I applied more of my Juicy strawberry lip gloss and stood next to my cousin. I couldn't figure out why my heart was beating so fast or why I had goosebumps. Who was that?

"Ok ladies. Say Vogue!"

"VOGUE!!!"