Big Mouth

*Amara*

I stood out on the terrace, sipping my champagne and enjoying the cool breeze of the California night air. I opened my clutch to get the rolled up tree I had stashed.

"You're very beautiful Amara."

I jumped at the sound of the voice coming from behind me. I turned to see the guy I dreamed and fantasized about standing there, starring at me. He looked so swag in his black and white Armani suit and Chuck Taylors. His locs were in two french braids. He looked quite fine if I may say. I licked my lips. A huge smile crept on my face as I inhaled. Don't ask for his autograph, I told myself.

"I'm Khalif." He extended his hand.
When I placed my hand in his, I felt butterflies again. I wanted to kiss him. Wait, I don't know him. Be flirty yet fiesty.

"I would tell you my name but you already knew that."

I lit my blunt, took a long drag and blew smoke into the air. He looked into my eyes. I starred into his as I hit my blunt again. He snatched it from my hand.

"I been hearing it all night from niggas all up and through here. You really are wearing that dress ma."

"Thank you." I said as he hit my blunt. He licked his lips tasting my strawberry lip gloss. He spun me around admiring my toned body and most likely my apple ass. I giggled, letting purple haze cloud my judgement. I was in heaven.

"Can I see what you look like out of it?" He asked as he took a hit from the blunt.

I looked at him crazy and sucked my teeth. "Umm, no. I don't even know you! Who in the hell do you think I am? One of your groupies or something?" I blew smoke from my lips and pushed him hard in the chest.

I stepped back from him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me close, damn near blowing me a shot gun as he blew smoke from his mouth.

"No baby, you gone be my wife."

I looked into his brown eyes and saw nothing but serious. Is this boy playing with me? Maybe it's the weed talking.

"Amara. There you are. I been looking all over for you." I coughed from holding my breath full of smoke. Sahara broke our trance.

"Oh, you alright." She smiled. "What's up Swae, how you doing?"

"I'm good. You working that dress girl. Where my brother at?" He bit his bottom lip and starred at me.

"Boy please. In there surrounded by groupie hoes. I ain't got time for that." Sahara hit the blunt.

"You okay Hara? You ready to go?"

"Nah baby, you can't go yet. We just getting to know each other." Khalif said reaching for my hand. I looked at him then at her.

"Nah cuz. I was just checking on you. Thought you had gotten bored. Have fun." She said as she walked away with a wink. A trail of smoke behind her. She sprayed on some perfume before walking back in.

I turned to look at him. "Now, what were we getting to know about each other?"

He leaned in close. I could smell his Armani cologne as it danced a slow grind in my nostrils. I inhaled. Exhaled... and then I could feel the warmth of his lips against mine. Like out of instinct or habit, I opened my mouth to receive his moist tongue. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he deepened the kiss. I locked my arms around his neck as his hands found its way to my ass. He grabbed a handful in each palm and bit my bottom lip. I quivered. Chills ran down my spine.

"Oh Amara.... Amara... Amara!!"
I blinked my eyes and Khalif was looking at me crazy. "You alright baby doll? You went out to space."

I closed my eyes and shook my head. I drifted off into my fantasy world again. I gotta stop smoking that shit. "I'm sorry. What were you saying?"

"I asked what are you doing after this? I wanna take you back to my place so we can get to know each other better."

I cleared my throat. "Excuse me? I know there are plenty of easy ass groupies, like the one I saw damn near chewing your ear off, that's more your type and more than willing to go home with you. I have a masters degree not a hoe degree.

"So you believe everything you see and read in the magazines. I thought you were different. I guess you think you too good for my lil young wild ass." He spoke sarcastically. "You just like them bougie ones. Not willing to give a nigga the time of day because of what somebody else said." He handed me the blunt and begin to walk away.

"Khalif... I..."

"Nah it's all good. You have a good night, Amara."

Is he for real? Did I just hurt one of the biggest players in Cali feelings?
"Khalif wait..." I yelled, but he was gone. Lost amongst the dancers and photographers. I sighed, hitting the blunt once more before I tossed it into the bushes. "Damn Amara, your fuckin' mouth. It gets you in trouble every time."

I walked back inside the building and headed towards the bar. I needed something stronger than champagne to wash down the humiliation I felt. I judged him by his cover instead of reading the book. I could slap myself.

"Cuz, you ok sweety?"

"Bartender, let me get a shot of patron. Please."

"Amara, you good? What the fuck did Swae do to you?" She looked at me concerned. "Did he hurt you honey?"

"Just the opposite. He was super sweet and kind and I blew up by being too confident and making him feel like he wasn't worth my time." I watched him across the room as women practically threw themselves onto him, taking pictures and touching him. I couldn't breathe. I felt weak. I took my shot and tried to forget Khalif. I couldn't.

"Can we go now?"

"Sure sweety. Let's bounce. I got some strawberry ice cream in the freezer. We can talk about it until you're over it." We locked arms and made our way outside.

"Well, did you at least have a good time?" Sahara asked as our limo pulled to the curb. We hopped in and as the valet closed the door I saw him. Standing there in the foyer of the building looking at our limo. I smiled.

"It was great. I pray for dreams about it every night."
I locked my fingers together and said a small prayer. "Amen" We bust out laughing.