The two aren't that different; Katim

As the black haired male lead the 5'5, black haired, woman down the hallway of a burnt building.
"Can you remind me why were here?" She asked, her arms crossed as she kept following him. The man only looked back at her from passing the old rooms other people like him were in. He smiled when his eyes landed on her pretty face. She has no clue how much she means to me.

"Tim Wright, Mr. Sideburn man, are you going to answer your amazing and hot girlfriend?" The shorter one, Tim (her boyfriend at the time) being only 5'6. She put more tone, in a joking manner, in her characteristics of herself. Still, no answer came from Tim as he kept his pace. His memories of the abandoned mental hospital the two were in invading his thoughts. Kate didn't remember from her frequent memory loss that this very own building was the building she was in when her, herself, sent herself to this building to get away from the thing she dares not to think about. Kate thought he would go away from people being there, since in her home when her stepmother was on her usual long business trips. Her father being out of the house a lot too.

Kate then remembers the many trips she had when she was child before all this happened, she missed a lot of school and got annoyed when she had piles of homework. This wasn't go to another state right next to hers vacations oh no, she went out of the United States and usually in Europe. Her mother was a woman who loved art and she took Kate, never her father since job took up most of his time, to France.

But as of now, after her step-mother & father died, she has missed the vacations she had. Her memories of the vacations kept getting out her reach like many other memories she had. Kate now has a notebook she jots down her thoughts or memories she remembers.

When they reached Tim's room he stayed in most of his childhood, Tim's breathing stopped as it seemed millions of memories just hit him in the face.

With a bat.

Kate seemed to notice his odd behavior and slowly reached her pale hand out of the coverings of her sleeve of her white hoody. Very gently she placed it upon Tim's shoulder, her cold hands became warm from his body heat. Even in her white hoodie, she was colder than Tim in his red cotton shirt.
Tim's breathing came back to normal, out of his memories, the color on his face coming back again when he looked down at his love. His lips curling up in a smile as his eyes met her brown eyes. He bit his lip as his eyes went down to her lips, he wanted to kiss them and make her lips warm.

Kate took this as a sign of offense from him not saying anything to her, she thought his eyes shone he didn't want her to touch him.
"S-Sorry." She apologized as she pulled her hand away from his shoulder, immediately being cold again and regretting the choice she made. Tim smirked down at her after he took a moment to examine her face. Without saying a word he pulled her close without a second thought, his stomach brewing a fuzzy feeling inside it as Kate's felt hers doing loops in a circle.

After a while of staring into each other's eyes and being in each other's grip, it was time. Tim took a deep breath as he pulled his arms away from Kate, already missing the warmth they each shared. Tim looked into the room, paint chipping off the walls, black ash covered the walls and towards the ceiling. He then looked back at her before walking in. The memories came back like before. He heard her footsteps of her shoes making a loud crumpling noise against the stone, rock, and paint chips that were left on the ground.

He took a deep breath again, "ready." He muttered to himself as his eyes went from the bottom of the wall in front of him to above the window high up in the wall. The sky had a cloudless, pale blue look to it through the glass broken window.
"Do you remember how we met, Milens?" He kept staring out at the pale sky as he spoke. Kate tried to remember, only little tiny picture like imagines came to mind.

"Tim, you know of my memory loss-"
"I know that, just answer the question please."
"Well, I think we met at a park? Tim you know my memory hasn't been the best." Kate felt she offended Tim with not knowing how they met, even with how much he told her how much she meant to him on rare occasions from him not being a very romantic guy. Tim looked back at her, taking in all of her facial features before going on. "We met here, in this very place. We met in the middle park in this mental hospital. I was just sitting on the steps to the inside next to my room while drawing pictures in the sand. You came over to me and tried to talk to me than anyone else and you didn't seem fake as the doctors here seemed to." Tim swallowed, remembering Kate's long black hair in front of her face and way shorter. When he looked up at her, he didn't feel fear, didn't feel judgement, like they knew each other's past straight there without talking.

"You didn't call me a monster or a fu- emo, you likely knew why I came in here from everyone in that place knowing." Kate wished she remembered all those memories she forgotten. She looked down at the concert floor, "..I don't remember any of this." Tim's stomach turned as he knew Kate was devastated by not knowing, he had memory loss, but not as bad as Kate has gotten the past few months and years.

"Well I came in here at 15 years old because of trying to kill myself with overdosing with my pills for-..some sort of mental illness I have and likely still have. My dad left at when I was very little and remember..really nothing of him." His voice in the beginning seemed confused and was sorting out the memories in order from all flooding his mind. Closer to the end of his first explaining he seemed to get angry, all different emotions coming to him. "Of course my mom didn't help me either, and never watched or checked in on me, so I just..ran away from the house- multiple times. Also from that..other person telling me and taking control of me didn't make the situation better either. So I guess..I somehow ended up in here." He looked around the room behind him from looking up at the window and sometimes down at the wall, rare glances at Kate.

"Tim.."
He then looked quickly at Kate, paranoid for some reason.
"We aren't..that different."
"I know that. I know this is a lot to take in and you won't remember this. So before we left the house to go here, well..I-" He smiled as he retraced back, scratching the back of his head. "I..kind of- err, wrote the whole backstory in your notebook?" He looked up at her, embarrassed, as he scratched the back of his head harder.

When she took it all in, the love of his life started laughing gleefully. She then ran full speed at Tim, surprising him since Kate was always faster than him by a lot. She hugged him tightly, making his back hit against the paint chipped wall. Tim let out a heart hearty laugh as he wrapped his arms around Kate, pulling her closer to him. Kate closed her eyes and smiled wider than before, she actually felt she was getting somewhat better being with Tim. Tim still had his mental illness, but relying on someone else and having someone other than his doctor & him to talk to, it made him feel a little more better than before. With Kate being adorable and their relationship strong ever since first seeing each other, it was a bonus.