Week 5 - I'll Probably End Up In Flames Before the End of the Night

Song of the chapter on side :) I LOVE this song; please give it a listen >>>>>>

________________________________________________________________________________

                                                       January 29th, 2012

                                                       “Royal Rumble II”

        WWE Royal Rumble, Scottrade Center (St. Louis, Missouri), backstage area, around . . . 7pm

“Okay, people, one hour to show!” a staff member announced to the inhabitants of the backstage area.

“So what's the point of this battle royal again?” Alma asked, nibbling on a jalapeno potato chip from catering.

“The winner gets a shot at my title at Elimination Chamber,” I answered, inspecting the integrity of a water bottle.

“A number one contender's match at a pay-per-view?” she asked, scrunching her face.

“The Royal Rumble match is a number one contender's match,” I countered.

“Oh, yeah.”

So tonight was the Royal Rumble. The first pay-per-view I ever performed at. Where I nearly ended Melina's career. Where I solidified myself as a worthy competitor. Where Alma is now scheduled to become the #1 Contender for my title. Wonderful. Can't wait.

“Kathryn!” AJ barked from across the hall at me. I smiled at her as she came up to me.

“What's up?” I asked her.

“Guess where we're touring next month,” she said, smiling really wide. I shrugged and chuckled a little.

“Where?” I laughed.

“Guess!” she urged. I tutted and thought for a moment.

“I don't know,” I said, “Asia?”

“Kind of,” she answered. My eyebrows rose. “UAE! The United Arab Emirates. Isn't it exciting?”

“Yeah!” I said. “I've always wanted to perform in Asia.”

“You sound sarcastic,” Alma commented. I gave her a look.

“Well, I'm not,” I said, turning back to AJ. “When is it?”

“Well, the show's on the eleventh,” she said, counting on her fingers. “So we'd be leaving on like, the ninth or something like that.”

“Alright,” I said. “Is this WWE's first time there?” When she nodded, I smiled. “Awesome.”

“Yeah!” she agreed. “And we get to meet awesome people and do a huge signing.” she gushed on.

I smiled, but then my smile withered a little. “Wait, AJ . . . are you going to be able to compete?” I asked, pointing timidly to her neck brace. She put a gentle hand on the neck brace and closed her eyes with a sigh.

“I guess not,” She twisted her lips. I remembered exactly how she got that neck brace. I couldn't forget it.

Flashback to the 1/10/12 SmackDown! Tapings

I was at the SmackDown tapings because I was the Divas Champion. I guess Vince is really enforcing the fact that I had to represent both brands. Hunter and Bischoff never did that. I mean, they made me be on both brands, but they never effed up my sleeping schedule like Vince is currently.