25

**8 Months Later**

"General (Y/L/N)!" Echo shouts. "How are supposed to destroy the control base? There's only four of us!"

As we run along the alarm-blaring corridors of the droid control ship, I yell back, "four is better then none, soldier! We will give all we've got!" It was quite difficult to hear over the sounding alarm. After a droid caught us hiding out in the landing bay, the whole entire ship went to havoc.

I hear the sound of armor rolling against the floor. Skidding to a stop, I turn to see Wolffe getting up. He picks up a piece of scrap metal, and flings it behind him. "Blast!" The trooper complains.

"Here," I bend down and grasp his blaster, then hand it to him.

He takes it, "thank you, sir." I nod, and turn around and start running again. The footsteps of boots echo through the empty halls of the ship. It didn't stay empty for long though.

We all stop to two droidekkas rolling and cocking their firepower directly in front of us. Not to mention, we were exposed. Our feet act before our brains, and we all scurry behind an archway. Echo and Fox take the right side of the arch with me, and Wolffe and Red take the left.

I ignite my lightsaber, "cover me!" The squad brings their blasters up into position, and I move out into the open. Blaster fire from my boys start to fill my vision, but don't do any damage to the droids. When the droids shoot through their near impenetrable shielding around them, I let the Force guide my hands to their fire, blocking each one. Stepping forward, I prepare to destroy the droidekkas. As I'm about to finish off the right ones shield, a blue luminescent comes around the corner and beats me to it. Instead of the right, I take the left, destroying it's shield and sticking my lightsaber through it. The droid slumps, and dies with a mechanical hum.

I look over to the young Jedi slicing through the droid just like I had done. "I told you to stay with the ship!" I scold Von.

"What if I didn't destroy that rolling disgrace, master?" Von smirks. The rest of my squad joins me and my young apprentice.

"Then I would of," I suggest. "It would be wise of you to follow my orders, especially if you want to become the youngest Knight."

The Jedi shrugs, "you want it for me more than I want it for myself, master." Man, could this kid bug.

"That's not exactly something you want to tell your master, kid," Fox laughs. I was glad I had the troops with me, so I didn't have to entertain Von until more action shows up. Especially Fox. He always made Von laugh, and was the only one willing to spend some actual time with the kid.

Von gives a sly smile, "there's plenty of other things you wouldn't want me saying to her." I roll my eyes and laugh along with the rest of the squad.

Blue nudges him, "ah, you're too good, kid. Too good." Von's expression goes from laughter to frustration. He hated when they called him "kid," but he never told them. But hey, there was always a first for anything.

"I'm not a kid," he whines.

I pat his back, "oh Von." The Padawan jerks away at my touch. "We ought to get going," I decide.

"Yes sir," all of my troops say in unison. We continue down the hall, but this time in a swift walk instead of sprint. As we pass door after door, we finally reach the control bridge. I grab my lightsaber. When I'm about to storm into the bridge, Red stops me.

"Hey boss, lemme handle this one," he insists confidently.

I laugh, "leave some of those pieces of scrap for me, eh?"