43

YO! What in the world lmao I have not been on Wattpad in maybe three years and I come back and see all of the people who have favorited this and commented and have asked me to continue Living a Lie

There has been a draft here for Chapter 43. I will try to wrap up the story within the next 2 chapters for everyone (I hope the shift in style and tone won't be too dramatic, as I will try and write the rest of this three years after the fact lol)

ANYWAYS, thank you guys so much for the support on this! I'm almost done with highschool now, and looking back, when I was writing this in middle school, I never expected it to get attention. These are slightly embarrassing to read, too. 

Without further to do... Living a Lie Chapter 43

*

The soft hum of an engine filled my ears, and I could feel someone watching over me. Watching as a wave of relief washes over Padmé, I sit up a bit, "where are we going?"

"I'm warming up the ship," she stated nonchalantly, "we are going to leave Coruscant."

I shake my head and get out of bed, feeling Padmé trying to push me back down. "No, I need to go find Anakin."

"(Y/N)," Padmé sighed, "it's too dangerous. You have fresh stitches on. Overdo it, and you'll bleed to death. You're lucky I got to you in time."

"You won't stop me," I say, my heart shuddering as I realize those were the exact words Anakin had told me. He couldn't go and do something he would regret. I stand up and push Padmé away from me.

But I was weak. She grabbed hold of my shoulders and steadied me, "(Y/N), I don't think you understand. Anakin isn't..."

"Isn't what?" I demanded, spitting in her face a little bit.

"Himself." She winces, wiping off my saliva. "He's gone mad, like a wild bantha. The Jedi temple is in flames. Obi-Wan has gone to go find him, he won't tell me where-"

"He won't tell you?" I say, suddenly angry. "Well lucky for us we can just track his ship, instead." I finally push back Padme. She had given up on trying to keep me on the bed. She knew how restless I was.

I start toward the cockpit. My stomach, burning in pain, hardly slows me. Nothing will slow me down from finding Anakin. Nothing can keep me away from -

The twins.

I stop in my tracks and spin around to face Padme, who was trailing close behind. "Where's Layla and Jacen?"

"They're in the master quarters," she said. That didn't help ease my worry. My face must have expressed what I was feeling, because she quickly adds, "They're safe, (Y/N). Nothing will get through this Naboo Cruiser. Nothing will hurt them." 

It was hard to believe. Despite the superior craftsmanship of the cruiser, it wouldn't be that difficult for a Jedi Fighter to blow the ship apart with bolts in the blink of an eye. But I wouldn't have to worry about any Starfighter. Right?

I shake the thought away. As much as I want to go check on the twins, I have to find Anakin first. Before he does something he won't be able to take back. Spinning around on my heel, I make way toward the cockpit. I hear Padme's footsteps following me, as expected. As I enter the cockpit, I'm hit with a wave of cool air from inside. If this were any other day, any other trip on this cruiser, I might scrunch my nose and ask why the cockpit got cold air, but the rest of the cabin was borderline warm. Padme would laugh, and Anakin or Obi-Wan would explain that the controls can't overheat. That it's important all of the cool air is focused in the cockpit. All three of them would sit and tease me, making fun of how I didn't know such "Piloting-101." I would probably laugh at myself, too.

But this wasn't just a casual trip through space.

I take a seat in the co-pilot's chair and scan the control panel to find the tracking beacon. As I reach down to get it started, Padme's hand comes down swiftly, and she grips me at the wrist, stopping me. 

"What the hell?" I protest, trying to fight against her grip. But I'm still not strong enough, even against her.

Out of all people, she would be the one to come between Anakin and me. Does she want him to do something stupid? Does she want me to hurt more than I already am? If we don't track down Obi-Wan soon, it will be too late. Out of all people, this sleazy senator can't come between --

"Don't interrupt the signal," she says.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

She loosens her grip around my wrist and smiles. "I'm already tracking him."

*

We had been flying for quite some time since then. It was clear that Obi-Wan was on a route to Mustafar, the old Separatist base. I don't know how he could have tracked Anakin there, but Obi-Wan knew better than all of us where he may go.

It turns out that Padme had been following Obi-Wan's beacon since we had left. Of course, we were a little behind him, but we wouldn't be more than five minutes out from landing when he did. When she had gotten me from the medical wing, she called Senator Organa to prep a cruiser for her. She reassured me that she didn't offer him too much detail as to what was going on, though, only that it was an emergency and she needed a cruiser as fast as possible. Yoda had came to check on me, as well, and had helped Padme cart me onto the ship, apparently.

But when she spoke of Yoda, she tensed. There was something she was hiding from me. I'm not sure what it was, but since she didn't tell me, I'm sure it's not that important. It could wait.

She kept trying to assure me that all that mattered was that the twins were safe. That I was safe. That was all that mattered.

But she was so, so wrong. So stupidly wrong. Nothing else mattered when Anakin was still out there, plotting to do something that only he knew of. Probably doing something that Palpatine put him up to.

The next time I see that old man, he's as good as dead. He has hurt the love of my life. He has ruined the happy memory that should be the birth of my children. So I will ruin him.

"I was right. Obi-Wan just landed on Mustafar," Padme says, taking me out of my thoughts.

"So we're five minutes out?" I ask.

"More or less."

I look out of the cockpit window. In front of us sat the large planet, it's surface bursting with lava.