35

"What about it?" I ask, quirking an eyebrow at Anakin.

Anakin clears his throat as if he had something prepared to say, "I think when time gets close...you—we should leave. It's the safest—"

"Leave?" I interrupt. "And leave Von? Obi-Wan? Ahsoka? Everything we have worked for? The council will no doubt be upset, but we cannot just run from war. The galaxy needs us Anakin!"

Anakin blinks, unsure of how to respond. He scratches at the back of his neck, "I can't lose you."

"This again," I murmur. "Love, I am not leaving. Not for a long time." At this moment I would of embraced him, but being out in the open, it was too risky. It was so painful to see him worry about this.

He pushes a stray hair behind my hair gently, his blue eyes looking sad. They stared into my eyes, getting lost in them. I closed mine, savoring this time and moment I have with him. Taking his gloved hand, I set it on my stomach. My eyes open, and I witness the small smile creeping up on his lips. His eyes gaze upon my belly, feeling the movement of the child. He looks back up at me, "can we go back to our room?"

I glance back at the training room. Part of me felt obligated to go back to Von, but I wanted to spend time with Anakin. Especially when he's calm like this. Guilt rose within me as I nod, and we walk side by side back to our apartment.

~*~

Anakin and I lay on the bed, my head resting on his chest. His hand sits on my stomach, feeling each kick and beat of the heart of our child. He had taken the glove off of his cyborg arm, and been playing with my hair.

"I bet it will be a boy," he told me, nuzzling himself inside my hair.

I let out a deep breath, "i want it to be a girl."

Anakin sits up, still keeping his hand on my stomach. He stares at me, a giddy smile forming across his lips.

"What?" I ask, reaching my hand up to his hair.

He shakes his head, "it's just...I'm so in love."

A wide smile tugs on the ends of my lips. I lean towards his face, setting a soft kiss on his jaw. "How is it possible to be so in love with one person?"

"You just are," he whispered. His hand that was on my stomach moved to my hip, and he pulled me closer to him.

"Then I finally know what love is," I proclaimed, rubbing my nose against his cheek.

Anakin took my face in his hands, "whys that?"

I leaned back a bit so I could look at his face. "Because you cannot know love until you have been in love."

"So would you call yourself an expert?" he asked, caressing my cheek.

"No," I replied. "I'd be the grandmaster."

He rolled his eyes at my rather cheesy comment. But instead of mocking it, he kissed my lips passionately. His hand stayed on my cheek, and the other grasped my hip, pulling me closer to him again. I put my hand on his chest, and closed my eyes. One thing I could never get over was how he kissed me. It was soft and gentle, yet so full of emotion. He could tell me everything he wanted to say from one kiss. As his lips overpower mine, we fall back onto the bed, where he smiles. Before leaning out, he rolls over so I am on top of him. The kiss over, I look at him, my index finger drawing on his cheek.

"I love you so much," I smile, laying my head on his chest.

~*~

"No, no, no, please do not do this!" Von begged.

A voice replied, "I have no other choice."

Von shook his head. He pleaded with his eyes, which tears drew from.

A lightsaber, the color of blue, shone in the bright night of Coruscant. It came up, and slashed down, cutting through Von like air.

"NO!" I screamed, sitting up. My heart slammed against my chest, and I couldn't breathe. It felt as if someone was strangling me. I reached up to my throat, as if touching it would make it any better.

A hand is set on my back, "what's the matter?"

I turned to see Anakin, his bare chest reflecting the moonlight. His eyes are filled with worry.

Without an answer, I got out of the bed and walked down to the veranda. I sat on the arm of the couch, looking out into the skyline. The trickling of water from the fountain bugged. Angrily, I threw a hand up, and the water stopped. Cracks were sent through the stone fountain. My eyes burned. They felt as if they were on fire. As if they would explode any second from now.

I felt a familiar presence, and from the corner of my eye I could see Anakin standing there. "You had a vision?" he half asked, half claimed.

Taking a deep breath in, I turn my head to him. "Yes," I croaked, "it was about Von."

"What happened this time?" he questioned, caressing my hair.

"The same as the last time," I sighed. "He was murdered."