My Funny Valentine.

Song: My Funny Valentine // Ella Fitzgerald

* * *

She pulls the sleeves of his sweater up over her hands, making sweater paws to warm up her palms, as she watches the snow fall outside through the window from the living room couch.

He folds his arms over his bare chest, while leaning against a wall and smirks, as he watches her bite her lip intently - loving the way the simplest things she does, could make him swoon. He pushes himself off the wall and walks over to their record player, pulling out Ella Fitzgerald's Live at Mister Kelly's vinyl record.

Immediately, My Funny Valentine blares through the Crosley record player's speakers, and she can't help but look at him with awe in her eyes, as the familiar song's tune fills her ears.

He chuckles, taking pleasure in her reaction, "Recognize this song?" He asks.

She bites her lip and smiles, "How could I not?" She answers, "This was the song that played at the book store, the night we met."

He nods and walks over to her, holding out his hand for her to take. "Dance with me."

She returns a nod and gets off the couch, placing her hand in his. He leads her over to the center of the room and immediately places his hand on her waist, as she rests her hand on his shoulder, both of their hands intertwined.

"I'm surprised you remember," She says, resting her head on his chest, "The day we met was so long ago."

"Ivy, how could I forget?" He questions. "You never stopped singing this song after the day we met. And every time I looked into your eyes, your voice would echo in my head, and I knew this would be our song. The song we'd make love to, dance to at our wedding. The song we'd sing to each other at night, when one of us can't sleep. This is our song."