Christmas Eve.

Song: Baby It's Cold Outside // Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan

* * *

She watched him and bit her lip, as he dropped another piece of log into the fireplace to keep the fire going; Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Jordan's version of Baby It's Cold Outside, blaring through the speakers of the record player.

He rejoins her on the couch moments later, wrapping his arms around her body as she snuggled into his chest. He sighed happily as he watched the flames rise and the heat radiate, the snow still falling onto the ground outside, "What a way to spend Christmas Eve." He mumbled, a little disappointed in the weather.

She looked up at him and smirked, "You mean stuck in a cabin in the middle of a snow storm?" She questions and he nods, "I'm afraid you're terribly mistaken."

He raises an eyebrow and looks at her with a questioning look. "How so?"

"Because we spent Christmas Eve stuck in a cabin with each other in the middle of a snow storm." She replies, "Now, I don't know about you but I honestly wouldn't have spent this day any other way."

"Why?"

"We spent the whole day focused on us, and how we even became an us in the first place. We relived moments of the past, and reminisced on memories that the two of us created." She explained, "I spent the whole day justifying all the reasons why I'm in love with you. Even though we're spending Christmas away from friends and family this year, I'm glad we got to spend it this way - in a cabin in the middle of a snow storm, just the two of us."

He chuckles and presses a wet kiss against her cheek, intertwining their fingers. She never failed to amaze him sometimes, and what she had said was true. Both of them had spent the day living in moments of the past, and justifying all the reasons why they loved each other.

Under the unfortunate circumstances of a snow storm, they managed to make the most out of their Christmas, and that was all either of them could ask for. They stay silent for a few moments, enjoying the quiet, the atmosphere, and the mood.

"Merry Christmas Ivy." He whispers, "I love you."

"Merry Christmas Noah." She whispers back, "I love you too."