Memories.

Song: Jealous // Labrinth

* * *

He blinks as the flash from her polaroid camera goes off, leaving white spots in his eyes. She giggles while pulling the polaroid out of its developing socket, and shakes the flimsy yet delicate piece of film.

"Next time, let me know me first." He sighs, laying back on their bed.

She laughs, sitting cross-legged beside him on the bed, holding the camera in one hand and shaking the film in the other, "You always say the same thing and so will I," She says, "it's never any fun when you know when I'm about to take the picture."

She gets off the bed and walks over to the bulletin board full of the polaroids she's taken while at their little cabin, over the span of the year and a bit they've been together. Each picture a reminder of the memories they shared, and the fun moments they had.

She grabs a black marker sitting near by, and writes "12.24.16" in the little space provided at the bottom of the picture. She then grabs a push pin, and pins the polaroid onto the board next to a polaroid of the two of them, riding abandoned shopping carts together - her in the cart and him pushing it; a picture that had been taken by a friend while on a double date, dated "11.07.16".

He walks over to her and snakes his arms around her waist from behind, resting his head on her shoulder as he looked at each of the pictures on the board. "I find it incredible that you've managed to capture all of these moments." He says, pressing his lips against the crook of her neck.

"So do I, if I'm honest." She responds. "This one's still my favourite." She says, pointing to a picture of the two of them wearing Santa hats and sharing a kiss. The picture was dated "12.24.15", marking exactly one year since the picture was taken.

He chuckles and points to the one directly beside it. It was a picture of the two of them blowing into party horns and holding onto their "Happy New Year" hats, as they rang in 2016 together; the picture dated "01.01.16 at midnight".

"This one's still my favourite." He replies, admiring the photo. "And this one." He points to a photo of the two of them covered in birthday cake; smiling and laughing as they had their cake fight. The picture was dated "05.31.16", the day of her birthday.

She giggles and shakes her head, "You only like that one because you got to throw cake at me that day."

He squeezes her waist gently and presses another kiss to her neck, as he smirks, "That and because I got to lick the cake off you after."