Home.

Song: Imagine // Glee Cast (Originally composed by John Lennon)

* * *

"Tired?" He asked her, as he handed her a blanket to wrap around her body. Night fall had come and the temperature had dropped; even though there was heat in the cabin, it was still a little chilly, and he had noticeably seen her shivering.

She took the blanket from him gratefully and flashed him a small smile, "Just a little," She replied, wrapping the material around her body, "it's been a long day."

"Yeah," He nods, "it has." He leans down and presses his plump lips against her forehead, running his fingers through her dark hair.

"Noah?"

"Yes Ivy?"

"Go pick up that guitar and play me a song."

He chuckled and complied with her request, picking up his favourite maroon-coloured guitar leaning against a wall nearby, and sat down on the couch across from her. "Any requests?"

She shakes her head and smiles at him, biting her lip. "Just play the first thing that comes to mind."

He nods and starts strumming the chords and singing the words to John Lennon's Imagine. Hearing him sing one of her favourite songs to her again made her smile, and brought back many memories; every once in a while she'd join in with a harmony that seemed fitting, which made him smile in return.

It felt just like old times to them.

Once he finished the song he set the guitar aside, just as she came to sit on his lap and wrapped the blanket around both of them. "What made you choose that song?" She asked, resting her head on his shoulder.

He looked at her and swiped his tongue across his bottom lip, recalling the memory of him singing the song to her for the very first time; she had lost her mother due to an aggressive battle with breast cancer at the beginning of their relationship, and so he'd sing that song to her every night to help her sleep.

She was alone after her mother passed, since her father had abandoned her and her mother when she was just seven years old. She had no one, up until he had come along.

"The first time I sang this song to you was when your mother died, and you had trouble sleeping at night," He began, "you were alone and I was all you had. That night, you told me that song felt like home, which is why it became your favourite song; you told me that I was your home. I chose this song to tell you that you are mine."