02 | devastated

he left her, and she was devastated.

CH 2

Rosie looked like a million dollars.

She was dressed in a blood red dress, and her blonde hair tumbled down her shoulders in light curls. However, for the first time, Rosie wasn't very focused on how she looked. Instead she was worried about how it would be today with Callum.

She clutched her phone nervously as she paced around her room. She was texting her girl friends, who were all wondering why Rosie wasn't arriving at the party with them, like she usually would.

She didn't want to tell them she was coming with Callum. Callum, was an iffy topic between her friends and herself. Simply put, they didn't approve of Callum.

Suddenly, she heard the far off chime of her doorbell. She stopped pacing and stood in her room, staring at her nervous reflection on her mirror. And then she heard her mother calling for her, informing her that Callum had arrived to pick her up.

Rosie let out a breath, and looked at herself in the mirror. "Prove it to him," she said, with a slight falter to her voice. "You've got this."

Callum looked cute as ever, dressed in a formal shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows

Callum looked cute as ever, dressed in a formal shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He was wearing a slim fit pair of dark jeans and as they arrived at Ben Alexander's house, Rosie couldn't help but look up at him in fond admiration.

"You look really good," she said, with a wide smile, as she stared up at him from the side.

"Thanks Rosie..." He said, as his cheeks tinted a slight color of pink. He quickly auto-locked his small car and proceeded to walk.

"Callum."

He whipped around to look at her with his eyebrows raised.

"Why aren't you holding my hand?" She asked, her voice sounding infinitesimally small and just downright sad.

He faltered for a second, before mumbling, "had the keys in my hand...sorry." He shoved the key into his pocket, and stretched out his hand for her to take.

Rosie bit her lip for a second, before stretching her hand out. It slotted into his perfectly, just like how it always used to. And even though this physical distance had been covered, there was still that abstract distance, the thought of which gnawed away at Rosie's head.

They walked ahead, away from where he parked his car, and towards Ben Alexander's house.

It felt like a typical teenage party, with the mandatory sounds of the bass heavy songs, the smell of the cheap booze, and the sight of the dozens of bodies moving around.