03 | terrible

he left her, and she felt terrible

CH 3

The first thing Rosie took note of, when she woke up the next morning, was the pounding head ache and the painful sensation in her right hand.

Slowly pieces of the previous night, slotted themselves together within her head. It was like a jigsaw puzzle that was solving itself, only to come up with a very bad image.

Callum.

She sat up at once, ignoring the searing pain in her head, and brought her knees up to her chest.

She remembered going to Ben Alexander's house, having a sour conversation with Anika...and then? What happened next?

She thought for a moment, before her eyes landed on her phone which right next to her pillow. She grabbed it and quickly tapped open her social media networks. If something that she couldn't even remember, had transpired last night, then it was bound to make its way to the many social networking sites.

After nearly fifteen minutes of scrolling, and watching the various videos that were posted, Rosie felt like banging her head repeatedly on a brick wall.

She couldn't believe what she did, and what she couldn't believe more was the fact that Callum was left alone at a party she brought him to. Again.

And there was proof of that fact. A picture had been uploaded on Instagram, and in the background you could see Callum seated alone on one of the sofas, his focus on the screen of his phone.

She quickly switched apps on her phone, ready to call him up, but stopped midway. This wasn't something that she could apologize for, over a phone call. No. She had to talk to him about this, face to face.

Rosie had been standing in the same spot for more than three minutes, and it felt like she was in some sort of trance

Rosie had been standing in the same spot for more than three minutes, and it felt like she was in some sort of trance. Her gaze was fixed solely on Callum, as he handed out cookies from a large jar, to all the students in his music class. It was a few minutes before his morning classes could start.

She watched as he jokingly ruffled a toddler's hair, before closing the lid on the jar and turning around. His eye met Rosie's, and the smile that was initially present on his face, immediately faded away.

"Rosie... What are you doing here?" He asked, as he fiddled with the jar of cookies.

Rosie blinked for a second, and then shook her head slightly. "I...I came here to talk to you, Callum..." She shifted her feet and pulled on the strap of her bag. "About last night..."

Callum turned around to look at the children, who were mindlessly chattering with each other. "Rosie... I can't talk right now... Can you wait till after the class?"

She smiled, as she leaned against the doorframe. "Sure thing..."

He nodded, and pointed inside. "You can wait inside. It's much warmer here."