07 | okay

he left her, and she was okay.

CH 7

Moving on was easier said, than done.

And moving on in two days, well, that was a Herculean task.

But Rosie forced herself to do it, and she had gone two hours straight without thinking about Callum, when her grandmother suddenly tapped her on her shoulder. Rosie paused the movie she was watching on her laptop, and took off her headphones.

"Yeah?"

Her grandmother smiled at her, before she proffered a neatly packed white box. There was a transparent square on the top and so Rosie could see the beautifully iced christmas cookies inside. "For Callum, alright?" Her grandmother said.

"For Callum?" Rosie asked once again.

"Yes. Give them to him, and tell him they're from me. I've been giving out a box to all our friends and relatives, and I decided to give him one as well."

Rosie took the box and chewed her lip. "Do you want me to give them to him now?" She asked.

"Yes." Her grandmother nodded at her before hobbling away.

Rosie sighed and stood up. She wound her scarf around her neck and picked up her car keys, only to be waylaid by Benny and Ophelia, her younger cousins, at the door. "Are you going out?" Benny asked.

"Yeah... Do you wanna come for a ride?" Rosie asked, as she playfully bopped him on his nose.

"Yeah!" Ophelia excitedly said. "Can we get ice cream?"

"Of course we can. But you guys have to boot up. Put on your scarves and coats, and meet me near the car in five minutes, alright?"

The two of them immediately raced up the stairs to get properly clothed.

Rosie laughed at that sight, before she opened the door and got hit in the face by a blast of cold air.

"And then Mervin told Penny that he didn't like her, and then Penny tore up the Valentines card  she gave him

"And then Mervin told Penny that he didn't like her, and then Penny tore up the Valentines card she gave him. Isn't that mean, Rosie?" Ophelia asked, as she chattered on non-stop about her classmates.

"That's very mean, actually." Rosie said, as she pulled up in front of the Staccato Academy of Music.

"Rosie, I'm not mean, right?" Benny suddenly piped up from the backseat.