Chapter 8- Christmas at Hogwarts

Christmas day had approached rather quickly in V's point of view as so much had happened since Halloween. V finally got the courage to turn Adrian down which wasn't a very pretty scene but it had to be done. Adrian was quite sour about the whole thing and still was now but V could only hope that when he came back to Hogwarts from his holiday he'd be refreshed.

However, Adrian only took up a small amount of V's thought. V was too busy with finding out more information about her mother. The whole 'McKinnon Family Murder' was a bit of mystery to her, she was left wondering about many things like why Voldemort targeted the entire family and why her mother was the only one who obtained injuries. What confused V the most was why her mother had 'Quixotic Creature' carved into her arm. She looked for the definition and found that quixotic meant extravagantly chivalrous or romantic. This was extremely odd to her.

V was eating breakfast by herself despite it being Christmas but that was normal for her but Remus planned for them to have a Christmas lunch/catch up together in his office which V was very much looking forward to. She was also hoping that she could pester more information out of him.

But for the time being, she was stuck with her own thought, eating a particularly small Christmas breakfast. Just as she was about to get up to leave, a flock of owls came in to drop of the daily mail, with less owls then usual as there was only a handful of students staying over the holidays.

Unexpectedly, a pile of envelops fell before V, about 4 of them. She took her time opening them and reading Christmas cards from all of her friends, even Adrian, though his one was rather brief. When she had gotten through them all she found that there was one left. This envelop was baby blue and had no writing on it, so V opened it to find who it was from.

As soon as she opened the baby blue envelop, a stream of snowflakes came out and fell around her, like a little slice of Christmas had been sent to her by whoever it was from. The few students that were in the great hall looked over to see snowflakes fall around the girl as she tried to suppress the giggles that were escaping her lips.

V took the parchment out, eager to see who it was from and began to read.

Dear Mia,

Merry Christmas! I hope it isn't too lonely at Hogwarts, its generally quite quiet during the Christmas holidays. Did you like the snowflakes? It was a little trick that I came across in a trick book, I reckon it'll also make a great prank if I used a little more force with the snowflakes. Anyway, when I got home from Hogwarts I asked my mother if she knew anyone called Marlene McKinnon and she described your mother perfectly. Along with my mother she was a part of a group called the Order of the Phoenix. The group helped take down the dark lord and stop dark magic during the wizarding war. Some of the other members of the group were people like James and Lily Potter and Professor Lupin and apparently your father as well. My mother didn't tell me much about her but she did say that once she came around to our place when we were babies and we played together, crazy right? Anyway, I found out quite a bit and I hope it helps you with your research. Have a good holiday and don't get too caught up with what people have been saying because they don't know half.

-George

V was most definitely touched by the letter, especially as she wasn't expecting it. It did sound very much crazy that all these people including, Remus, her mother and the Potters were in this 'Order of the Phoenix.'

Just then V looked up to see Harry and his friends sitting together on the Gryffindor table talking casually. V wanted to talk to him and tell him all about their parents but didn't consider herself in the position to do so. Instead, V went to the library which had absolutely no one in it and read till lunch.