Chapter 19- The Triwizard Announcement

V made her way to the station, she didn't drive because that would mean she would have to leave her car at the station all year so Miss Atterberry gave her a ride instead. She casually walked into platform 9 ¾ where people still stared and pointed at her but the buzz seemed to die down since last year.

She found the Flora and Hestia in a carriage and shortly after, Lucian and Adrian came in. While they all took turns going over what they did that summer, V decided it best to not say anything at all as she highly doubted that they would be impressed with her muggle driver's licence and late night swim with the Weasley twins. They were her friends but Slytherins after all.

When they got off at the station, she got her friends to cover for her while she snuck into Hogsmeade to deliver her letter which was an easy success. But this meant that she was the person left out on their four person carriage. So, of course Fred, George and Lee noticed her friendless and pulled her onto the carriage.

"Thank you- OH! That really isn't necessary!" She said as they hoisted her onto the carriage but they had already successfully plonked her on. 

"Haven't seen you in a while, haven't we Fred?" George exclaimed ironically as they had indeed seen her just the day before.

"Yea, what have you been doing all these years?" Fred asked. Then he looked at them as if he realized something, "I know! Snogging old George, aye?"

Both George and V leaned over to shove Fred, however their combined forces was quite a bit more then they intended and just like that, Fred had fallen over the side of the moving carriage. Lee was frozen in shock, then with his mouth hanging open he leaned over the side of the carriage while George was laughing so hard, he had crawled onto all fours and was almost chocking. V however had lifted one leg over the carriage door rather than opening it and was screaming apologies after him.

"FRED! I'M SO SORRY, I REALLY DIDN'T MEAN TO PUSH YOU OUT!" She yelled.

The skeletal horses pulling the carriage seemed to slow down, finally coming to a halt when they realized something was wrong. V then jumped out of the carriage and ran to Fred while the last carriages with people in them laughed at V who looked frantic and Fred who was covered in mud and leaves.

Fred was laughing though, the same way George was, while V was trying to cheek for scratches or possible broken bones.

"I'm fine V!" Fred insisted as she helped him back into the carriage.

"Are you kidding? You just tipped- you-" But the image of him falling out of the carriage made her giggle this time.

George was still laughing and he seemed to double over when he saw Fred covered in mud and leaves. Fred then tackled George so that he would have some mud and leaves on him too. Lee was laughing too now.

"Fred! George!" V then yelled as they wrestled about and they stopped both looking right messes. "We're going to be late, guys!

"Right." They said at the same time, both sitting sensibly on the carriage again.

There were no longer anymore carriages behind them, so they were alone on the path up to Hogwarts as it gradually grew darker. The skeletal horses weren't moving though.

"Uh, why aren't those horses moving?" V said pointing at them while they all stared at her curiously.

"What hoses?" George asked looking around but apparently not seeing anything.

"Well whatever those dark bony things are-" But just like that Fred had interrupted her. 

"You can see thestrals?" He asked incredulously.