Chapter 38- The Weasley's Arrival

V woke up to an empty house the morning after the first meeting of the Order. Remus seemed to have gone home afterwards seeing as a full moon was nearing and Sirius seemed to be having a snooze. So V took the liberty of walking down the stairs and raiding the pantry, looking for any food but was fairly unsuccessful, only finding a few packets of flour, sugar and spices which looked a few decades old.

V then reached into a cupboard, opening up a money tin, finding more than enough for food for the next few days. She then slipped some shoes on, only to be disturbed by Kreacher who was holding a big fur coat.

"Is Mistress going out? Does Mistress want a coat?" Kreacher asked.

"Uh I'll be fine, the coat looks a bit too- er- warm for summer." V replied awkwardly looking down at the dust covered coat.

"Stupid Kreacher, I'll pull a nail out." Kreacher sulked starting to turn around.

"WAIT! What! No, you don't have to do that! It's not your fault you never go outside!" V exasperated looking absolutely shocked.

"Why not?" Sirius then said butting his head around the hallway.

"Dad! Do you have any idea how painful that would be?"

But Sirius just shrugged his shoulders saying, "Where are you going anyway?" glaring at her slightly.

"To buy some food, unless you want a mix of ancient herbs and flour for breakfast." V sassed back at him.

"I don't think so-"

"Is that what you really want for breakfast?" V interrupted.

Sirius then took a deep breath saying, "Well no, I was going to say you're not going without telling me or without me accompanying you."

"But muggles also see you as some sort of super villain or something, even if we were to only go to the grocer it would be too risky." V informed.

In reply, he rolled his eyes then just so suddenly, turned into his dog form. He then walked around her wiggling his tail about in a fashion sassier then V's tone. He then transformed back into a human, quirking his eyebrows as if to say 'beat that.'

"Ok, ok, but what do I say to the muggles when a big black dog walks into the store with me?"

As if he had been preparing for this situation, he pulled out a pair of sunglasses from his pocket and slid them onto V's face. "I can be your guide dog." Sirius proposed as if it were the most brilliant idea ever.

V let out a sigh saying, "Fine." So Sirius got out a leash, which V found very peculiar for him to just happen to have and they walked to the grocer.

V felt very anxious about his idea at first, worried about anyone on the dark side seeing her with a big black dog, but seeing Sirius so happy seemed to bring her mood up. Walking into the grocer, V tried to act as casual (and blind) as possible, hoping that no one would question her about having a big black dog with her but as she presumed, that was an empty wish.

"Er miss," A short, timid man said from behind her. V turned around, looking towards the left of his face as if she couldn't see where he was. "We- um- have a no pet policy in our store."

"Oh," V said trying to sound as innocent as possible, "This is my guide dog, Snuffles. He's really friendly, and smart, he won't cause a disturbance I promise. You see, I'm legally blind." V explained.

"How can you do the shopping then?" He asked, then realizing as he had said it how rude he sounded. "I- uh mean- can you see shapes... Or anything?"