Ch. 8 What makes You beautiful

*EDITED*

CHAPTER 8

I lifted my hand, indicating the pad of paper and the pen. Harry handed it back to me. I smiled at him and quickly wrote down, 'What happened? Why am I in the hospital?' I handed it back to the boys and Liam read it out loud. "What happened?" he whispered. The other boys crowded around Liam and looked at the paper. Their faces were uneasy and worried. Was it that bad?

"Well... Nicole, a man physically abused you in an alley. You were bruised and bleeding badly and we rescued you." Niall smiled at the end. "We couldn't leave you there. Besides, who was that guy?" Louis added.

My heart suddenly stopped beating as he asked that. Liam handed the paper back to me. I reached for it and wrote my answer as I fumbled with the pen on the paper. I couldn't tell these guys my past! I barely know these people! I shook my head 'no' and I put the pen down.

"Why? Who is he?" Louis pressured. I shook my head again and placed my hands upon my face. I cried silently as my brown wavy hair dangled on the side of my face. I felt my flesh-colored mask on my face. Phew... I'm so glad that the doctors didn't take it off, because then this conversation with these boys would've been horrible.

"Louis, if she doesn't want to tell us, then she doesn't have to. Besides, we barely know her." Liam whispered, giving Louis a stern look.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of warm arms circling around me and making me lean into them. I turned my face into their chest, making sure that they didn't see me. I hate when I cry in front of people. I just feel weak when I do. Ugh! "Shhh. Calm down. Its okay, you don't have to tell us." I glanced up and saw that Liam had his arms around me, comforting me. I bowed my head back into his chest, smiled then blushed a little. He rocked me back and forth as he sat on the bed, next to me.

"Hey, guys! Wanna sing a sing for Nicole?" Louis asked, happily. I smile widely through my teary eyes.

"What do you think, Nicole?" Liam turned his head towards me with pleading eyes. His chocolate-like eyes were like putting me under a spell. Suddenly, a hand waved in front of my face, getting my attention.

"Nicole...Nicole, you there?" Liam asked. My eyes blinked and then I realized I was staring at him. Great, Nicole! Now, you've embarrassed yourself. I nodded and smiled towards the boys. Liam removed his strong arms from around me and stood up. They positioned themsleves in a circle around the foot of the hospital bed.

As they started singing, their beautiful lyrics spoke directly to my heart and soul. What makes you beautiful are the four words flowed into my heart and locked them inside. Throughout the song, a tingling feeling pricked around my eyes, indicating that tears were soon going to fall. They never did. I didn't let them fall. "...that's what makes you beautiful!" they finished. All of them harmonized so perfectly together. I smiled and clapped at their wonderful performance. I grabbed my paper and wrote a heart-warming note to all of them.

You guys are amazing! You harmonized so perfectly together. P.S. Are you guys in a band because you look awfully familiar?...

They read my note and smiled. "Well thanks Nicole, and yes we're in a band, One Direction!" Louis said, smiling. My eyes bulged out of my skull. I knew that I've seen them before. They were on the interview on TV. Duh, Nicole! Use your head! I quickly snatched my paper from their hands and scribbled my note.

'I know you guys! You're the guys from the elevator at the hotel. I also saw you guys on TV, doing an interview! :)'

I lifted it up and faced it towards the boys. They leaned heads forward and squinted their eyes. I giggled at their actions and rolled my eyes. As I handed it to them, Dr. Betsy walked and looked up from her clip-board, smiling.

"Nicole, great news! All your tests went very well and you can go home today." She said as she came by me and gently took the needles out of my left arm. I nodded and smiled to her. I grabbed the notepad & pen and the doctor a question.

How long have I been in the hospital?

I handed the note to her after she checked her clipboard. "Um... just about a week." She said, looking at her notes. A week??!!!

"Nicole, you will need to change into some normal clothes, so I brought some for you." She laid the outfit upon the bed, across my legs. She faced towards the boys, "Gentlemen, will you please step outside while Nicole changes, please?" They nodded and in a straight line, headed outside.

"Nicole, will you need help putting on clothes?" She asked with caution. "And Nicole?" Dr. Betsy asked. I nodded, indicating that I was listening. "Remember that your wrap can't wet and you need change it every other day." She ordered, handing me the rest of the wrap. I grabbed it and smiled. I mouthed, 'Thank you' to her. She smiled back and then left me alone.

Okay, Nicole. You got this. I slowly leaned forward so that my back is totally straight. As I did, I swear I heard a couple of bones popping. Not good, I thought. An aching pain erupted my side, suddenly stopped me what I was doing. This is going to be hard than I thought....

I lifted the covers off of my legs and swung my legs to the side of the bed. I scooted myself a little to the edge so that my feet can feel the cool, smooth surface of the tile. I pushed myself off the bed and balanced myself. I groan as the pain crept to my stomach and ribcage. My hand reached towards it like it had its own mind. Ugh... this is horrible!

I grabbed the clothes off the bed and gently and carefully stripped my hospital gown. I quickly pulled on my underwear, of course. As I pulled these faded skinny jeans onto my legs and surprisingly they fit. I quickly picked up my bra and put my skinny arms through the straps. My hands found there way behind my bac- Ow! The wrapped bandage was restraining from hooking my bra together.

Ugh...I guess I need help...

I yanked the hospital blanket off the bed, wrapping it around my shoulder in the process and headed to the door. Once I opened the door, I didn't really see anyone in the hallw- wait. Niall?! Niall. Niall could help me... Niall sat right next to my door, on the floor. I clutched the blanket tighter around my shoulders and quickly tapped his blonde head.

His body jumped from the sudden contact and he looked up towards me with a worried look. "Nicole? What are you doing?" he whispered, "You shouldn't be out here with a... blanket?" raising his eyebrow, obiviously confused. He lead me back into my room and closed the door. "Nicole, why are you in a blanket?" He chuckled.

I grabbed my note pad and jotted something down and then quickly handed it to him. His eyes scanned the paper. He glanced at me, then the paper, then me. "You... want me....to help you....with your bra?" He questioned. I nodded with pleading eyes. He sighed. "Turn around." I followed his command. I dropped the blanket from my shoulder but I kept it clutched to my front. Just to be safe, of course. His warm, calloused hands moved my hair to right side of my neck, seeing my naked back. He grabbed the ends of my bra and hooked them together. Once I felt his hands leaving my back, I turned around and smiled. "Your welcome." He said, reading my mind. "Do you need any more help?" He asked, heading towards the door. I shook my head a little, answering his question. He nodded and exited my room.

I turned around, looked at shirt and grabbed it. I put my arms through the sleeves and just and then I put it over my head and yanked down my shirt very carefully. Ouch! Ribcage...in...pain!

__________________________

Hey my beautiful beauties! What did you guys think of this chapter?

Comment, Vote, or just read for fun!❤