Ch. 19 Gettin' Ready!

CHAPTER 19

Click.

Click.

Click.

There is nothing on T.V. Cooking shows. Makes me hungry, next. Click. Exercising. Yawn, next. Click. Commercial. Boring. Click.

I can't stop thinking about tonight. I was kind of excited for tonight, to be honest. I've never been to dance at all... I don't know how to dance. Oh crap... I'm screwed. "So, what time is the ball, Mickey?" "My friend said 8pm to 1 or 2 in the morning." Mickey responded as she started finding cool masks and accessories that would match our dresses. "Two in the morning?!!" I exclaimed as I jumped from my seat. "Why so late, Mick? I'm going to be so tired." I sighed, "Do you have to stay that late, Mick?" I groaned and slouched back into my comfy couch. "That's part of the plan, Nikki," Mickey turned her body away from the T.V. and looked at me, "Listen, my friend, Charlie, throws this party every year. The main purpose of this is having people meet and get together and have fun." She stated. "Trust me, its going to be fun."

I guess I could be wild and free...I have no parents to boss me around. "Okay, I'll stay for the whole time." I smiled and jumped up to give her the best hug ever. I squeezed so tight that she might faint but she didn't. We laughed at our stupid ways.

"How much time do we have until the ball?" I asked her, once I calmed down from our laughing session. Mickey wiped her eyes from laughing to hard and looked at her phone for the time. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. Mickey quickly grabbed the t.v. remote and turned it off. "What, Mick?" I asked, worriedly. "We have 7 hours left." Really, 7 hours. How fast can do 7 hours go by? I could be done with everything in 30 minutes. Just kidding...

"C'mon, girl!" Mickey grabbed my hand and quickly dragged me to her room, where our dresses are. "Woah, Mick!" I giggled as she rushed in her room. As I entered the room, I suddenly saw our dresses, hanging so perfectly on its hangers in her closets. All of Mickey's clothes were moved to the side of her closet to make room for the dresses. I casually walked over to the dresses and grazed my hand upon the dresses material. Suddenly, a clash of random things made me jump and turn around.

"What the-" I whispered to myself. I witnessed a big cardboard box with clear tape surrounding it, piled high with make-up and hair products. "What's this?" I laughed and staring at the random products. "Make-up, hair ribbons and other stuff." Her voice sounded distant as she was away in the bathroom. "Really, Mick?" I questioned as I picked up some hair product bottles and looked at the different products. Ugh...too much girly stuff...

Her shoes clacked against the tiled floor from her bathroom. I turn and connected my eyes with a stack of books, held high in her arms. "Dang, girl! How much stuff do you have?" Shaking my head and rolling my eyes in a playful manner. Mickey tosses the books in top of her nicely, made bed. She smiles, "All of this stuff," Putting air quotes around the word 'stuff', "are my collection of hair style books and different products that I experiment on with my friends." She explained, pointing at the books and the variety of products.

"Uh huh..." I lazily responded, flipping through the books. There were some cute ideas and tutorials for hair but, they were a little wild for my taste. "Find anything that peaks your interest?" Mickey asks as she takes all her make-up and hair products out of the box and places them on her bed.

I flipped a couple of pages through one of the books and my eyes widened. I quickly lifted the book off of her bed and handed it to Mickey and pointed. "I like this hairstyle." Mickey grabbed the book. "This would look perfect with your dress and your complexion." She commented while she headed to her bathroom, getting her materials ready.

"Let's get started."

_______________________________________

"Almost done." She stretched out as she put in the last bobby-pin. I kept my eyes closed since I want to be surprised when I see her masterpiece. "Done!" She exclaimed. I opened my eyes and suddenly, my jaw hit the floor and my eyes were big like saucers. I moved my head side to side to get a good look at it from different angles. "Oh my gosh! I look great! Thanks, girl!" I quickly gave Mickey the biggest hug I could give. "You're welcome, Nicole." She giggled at my happy self.

"But wait... what about you, Mickey? What are you going to do with your hair?" I questioned as I released her slowly from the hug. "Girl, don't mind me. Besides, I've got an idea in mind," She replied, "Now, go get your dress and shoes on. Shoo shoo." Pushing me out of her bathroom. Now, here comes the moment when girl turns into a princess. I said to myself.

I grab my dress off the hanger and shimming into it. I faced towards the full body mirror by Mickey's closet. I look good. Real good. My hands went behind my back to find the zipper. Crap...the zipper's stuck. I turned around to find the zipper from the reflection in the mirror. "Monique, I need help!" "What's wrong?" Her voice gets louder with each step and meets me by her mirror. "Woah, girl. You look great! What do-" "Zipper, please." I pleaded, facing my back towards her. She came closer and zipped up the dress with ease. "Thanks." I mumbled, smoothing out my dress.

I admired myself for a couple minutes and posed like model. "Wait, where are my shoes?" Looking frantically for my silver heels. "Nicole, over there." Pointing over to the shopping bag, standing up against her bedside table. I scurried over there and carefully bent down to the bag. I swiftly grabbed the shoes and sat on her bed.

"Are you done, Mickey?" I asked as I stand up in my heels and go in front of the full body mirror. "Yep! I'm all good!" She emerged from her bathroom with her hair all done. I quickly take off my heels and head into her bathroom. I sit down in her personalized chair. "Are you ready for me to do your make-up, Nicole?" I face her mirror and my smile fades. Am I ready? Am I ready to show my true identity to the world? My head bowed in shame towards the floor. Monique placed her gently hand on my left shoulder.

"Nicole, trust me when I say this to you. You will look beautiful tonight. You will always look beautiful. Don't let your insecurities get to you. Just remember that's its better to have perfect personality than a perfect appearance." She sincerely said. I look again at the mirror. "Thanks girl. You always say the right things." I smile. She nods, understandingly.

"Alright, let the *magic* begin!"

* I'm so sorry to all of my beautiful readers. Long story short, I had school, my family moved into a new house, renovating my kitchen, school, everything on my phone got erased, more school, family reunions, dates with my friends, HC, and Sadie's Hawkins.

I feel bad for not updating daily or weekly or whenever...

I hope this was a good chapter.
Btw thanks for 3K reads.
I love it so look much💖

I promise that the next chapter will be even better!

STAY BEAUTIFUL!!!😇👸