06.

OCCASIONALLY, THERE WERE PERKS IN BEING a Black. A good example of that was the fact that when Aquila wanted to be alone, all she had to do was send a glare to the occupants of the room and they would all disperse before she even had the chance to say anything. 

The Ravenclaw Common Room was rarely empty as students would be in and out at all times of the day. Some would be just passing through to get a book or return one while others would be sitting around the room, reading and relaxing. However, as soon as Aquila stormed into the tower, her glowering presence was enough to make people run for cover. Everyone emptied out of the Room, either retreating to their dorms or leaving the Tower altogether, as no one dared stay in the proximity of Aquila Black while she was upset.

No one, except Eliza.

The blonde was sitting on the floor in front of the fire and, upon noticing her friend's entrance, launched into asking questions.

"Quill, where were you this morning? You disappeared after Potions and you weren't in History of Mag- oh, why do you look like you wanna kill someone?"

Aquila said nothing as she fell face-first onto the couch that that Eliza was sitting in front of. Eliza watched her friend as if she was a ticking time bomb and cautiously, she prodded, "Aquila, what happened?"

The dark-haired girl mumbled her answer into the cushion that her face was currently buried in, causing Eliza to lean closer, "Come again? Preferably with your face not in the couch?"

"Mulciber made a big deal of me and Peter coming into the Great Hall," Aquila said, pulling her head out of the couch. Licking her lips, she added, "And then he got punched."

Eliza thought that her friend was overreacting. Unfazed, she said, "And what's the big deal? It's not the first time Mulciber's made a big deal about something and it's not the first time that Sirius has punched a guy in your honour either."

"It wasn't Sirius that punched him; it was Reggie."

Eliza looked at her like she had grown a second head. The blonde's jaw dropped, "Reggie? As in your little Slytherin brother, Regulus? Pampered and prissy Prince Regulus actually punched someone, and I missed it? Merlin, you skip lunch one time!"

Aquila snorted before she realized something, "Hey, why weren't you at lunch today?"

Eliza turned back to face the fire, "No particular reason."

Aquila sat up, her problems long forgotten as she stared at the back of her best friend's head, "Eliza Canning, either you tell me or I'll go around the castle jinxing every person I see until someone else does. What happened?"

It was now Eliza's turn to mumble and it wasn't until Aquila had gotten off the couch and spun the blonde girl around, did she answer.

"It's just.. some people mentioned that I ate a lot so I'm trying to cut down on my intake."

The hurt that had been swimming in Aquila's eyes since the school term started dissipated and it was replaced with a fury completely unlike anything Eliza had ever seen before. Aquila was pissed.

"Who?" Aquila asked, her voice surprisingly steady. This was it. Aquila would not allow someone to tell anything to the people she cared about without there being some sort of repercussion. The unlucky soul that dared to say something like that to Eliza was going to have hell to pay.

"I really don't see how that's important information."

The dark-haired girl gave Eliza a look and under her hard stare, the blonde cracked, "Fine, it was Princess Barbie and her group of Gryffindor pansies."

Princess Barbie, otherwise known as Marlene McKinnon, was the second biggest bitch Aquila knew (the only one topping Marlene was Aquila's mother). With perfect blonde hair that fell in curls down her back and pale eyes that glistened with the light of the sun (at least, that's how the rest of Hogwarts saw her), the girl was a walking nightmare dressed like a daydream.

She wasn't always a bully however. In fact, she was very sweet to most people. The only reason she picked on Eliza was because of the girl's small crush on Sirius (which happened briefly during Aquila and Eliza's second year) and the fact that Sirius was close to Eliza (which only happened because Aquila and Eliza were almost never apart as were Sirius and Aquila, which meant they had to hang out whether they liked it or not).

"I'll kill her."

Aquila peeled herself off the couch and burst out of the common room, Eliza hot on her heels in an attempt to stop her friend from doing something that would get her expelled. 

"Aquila, don't. You're not thinking this through."

"Oh, trust me. I've thought this through. She's dead."

Aquila did not care that she was going back to the Great Hall, the place where she had just fleed from. All she cared about was the bitch she was about to slaughter.

"Aquila, stop! What would Sirius think?"

The Black girl stopped, not because she was thinking of Sirius but because she was thinking of her other older brother.

What would Peter think?

Aquila groaned, spinning back around to look at Eliza. The blue-eyed girl watched her best friend cautiously, hoping her words cooled the fire that was threatening to burn Marlene McKinnon into ashes.

"Okay, but I hear as much as a squeal out of her and I will not hesitate to slice that Barbie's head off and have it on a stick."

a/n:

i know not how to end chapters; 

please bear with me for they will get better (i hope)