Chapter 3

Jacob's POV

I threw my phone onto my bed. Why did he leave? I looked out my window. Why didn't he trust me? I'd never hurt him. 

My phone rang and I felt hopeful. Maybe he'd finally called me back. But it was just Sam. 

(Jacob)

(Sam)

What do you want?

He's back.

Seth.

Yes. 

Do you know what was wrong with him?

Sam went silent for a moment.

Yes.

He told you?

No Paul did.

Seth was fine talking to Paul but not me?

I'll be down in a minute.

I don't think that's a good idea.

What? Why?

I can't tell you that up to him. 

I threw my phone at the wall. What had I done that deserves not to see him? 

And why Paul? I was his best friend for so long and what? Now Paul was? This is so stupid. I deserve to see him more than anyone. I'm the one who saved his life.

I left and got on my bike. I don't care what they say, I'm seeing Seth. 

Seth's POV

I screamed. The nightmare repeated itself. The wolf attacking me. To be more accurate it was my wolf. 

I didn't understand why was I being attacked. Then the images reappeared in my head. It was upset because of the whole Paul thing. 

I sighed and looked at the clock. Five in the afternoon. I had slept way to much recently.

I got up and put a shirt on. I guess I could go see the Cullen's but them Edward would know about the Jake thing.

The name stabbed at me like a knife. I knew I had to see him eventually. I hated that fact. I read a note by the bed. 

Be home at ten. Went to the bonfire. <3 Paul.

I guess I could go. I might see Jake but I could use a night out. I'd been in the house for too long anyways.

It wasn't to far of a walk so I made it in only a couple of minutes.

I was glad I didn't have to phase. I didn't want to risk anyone hearing my thoughts. Especially not him.

Paul saw me and ran up to me. "You came. I didn't think you would," he said. 

"I needed to. I could not stay in your house another day longer. I know you bought it so we could be together but it is seriously terrible to stay in one place for to long," I said. 

He laughed and grabbed my hand. I blushed but didn't pull away. I felt Paul stiffen and push me behind him. At first I thought it was a vampire but if it was than I could sense them.

No it was something else.Something Paul didn't want me to see. It had to be...

"Where is he," Jacob yelled and I shivered. Sam ran infront of him. 

"Jacob," Sam said. Oh yeah. I forgot Paul had told Sam. 

"No. I deserve to see him," his voice broke. "I need to see him," he said. 

Paul looked at me. He didn't say anything, but I knew what he meant. Are you okay with this. 

I bit my lip. I didn't know if I could. I sighed. I couldn't hurt him anymore. I nodded and he seemed upset about my answer but grabbed.  my hand and pulled me from behind him.

When Jacob saw me he ran towards me and tackled me in a bear hug. My hand escaped Paul's in the process. For the first time in a long time the wolf seemed calm.

It felt good but I knew it would end soon. "Where have you been," he yelled. He looked into my eyes and he sighed. "Why did you leave?" he asked. 

Paul walked up and grabbed my hand. For a fraction of a second I saw something weird in Jake's face. I couldnt put my finger on it but I swear it looked like he was jealous.

Jake suddenly put on a grin. "That's new," he said. 

I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my chest. Admit the truth. Admit the truth. Admit the truth. 

That single thought made me shake. What was happening? I wasn't phasing. No. This was different. Painful.

Paul grabbed my hand. "Someone help me," he yelled but one voice caught my attention. 

"You'll be alright. I won't let anyone hurt you," Jacob said. 

Then the darkness surrounded me