Chapter 1

On the train ride heading  his second year at Hogwarts, Draco could only think of how much Harry hated him. He, Ron and Hermione all despised him which was fine because Draco despised them too. Right? Draco kept running the same thoughts in his head of why he wasn't okay with this and wonders why Harry wasn't present on the train. Over the summer Harry was the only being that Draco spoke about to anyone. Draco wasn't jealous because he was far better than Harry. But if it wasn't jealousy then what was it? Draco was young and had never felt anything like this in his life before. It wasn't hatred, jealousy or anger, but maybe it was a mash of the three. Draco hadn't cared about Crabbe and Goyle, they seemed like old news with Harry as a new item on his mind. Draco was excited to win to Harry in their Quidditch games and was sure that he was going to with the new trick up his sleeve.

***

Draco angrily threw himself onto the bed, not being able to accept the fact that they had lost. Draco was filled with anger, but at the same was happy for Harry that he won. Draco knew it was dumb, but couldn't get the look on Harry's face the second he snatched the snitch out of his head and the moment kept replaying. He suddenly felt a need to see Harry and make sure he was alright.

Draco snuck out of the common room and headed towards the hospital wing. When he arrived he made sure no one was around and quietly stepped in to look at Harry. Harry was sleeping, but seemed to be in a lot of pain and Draco felt terrible. Then Draco realized what he was thinking and violently shook his head as if trying to shake out the thought. He couldn't take his eyes off Harry though and felt as if he was being pulled to him by a mysterious force.

He sat down on the chair next to Harry's bed and looked at the normal arm, but his eyes swayed to the boneless arm and he felt a pain inside him. It felt as though he felt sad that this had happened, but no, he wouldn't, he couldn't. He hated Harry, didn't he? He looked at Harry's hair and flattened it a little. He kept his hand in Harry's hair for a moment before he quickly pulled it out and sprinted down the hall.