Chapter 10

Despite Draco saying he was fine to go, he stayed in the hospital wing for nearly a week and continued to have bandages on longer. Harry assumed he'd turned around and changed his mind when Madam Pomfrey returned, but Harry refused to go back for another little 'visit' and regretted his actions, but nothing could be done now.

The morning that Draco returned to the Great Hall for breakfast Harry couldn't take his eyes off of him. Harry didn't eat, but played with his food and tapped his finger on the fork.

"Harry, are you alright? You've been acting quite strange." Hermione said with clear worry in her eyes. "This isn't still about that teacup right?" Harry had tuned her out and continued to stare at Draco. Hermione and Ron noticed this and Ron assumed it was of anger over Hagrid, but Hermione had a feeling it was about more. Finally, Harry's eyes looked at the high table where Snape was staring at him almost knowing that he was staring at Draco.

"We should get back at him Harry. I bet Fred and George would help us out." Ron said obviously wishing to pull a prank on Draco.

"Ron! First of all, whatever you're thinking of is against the rules and second of all I'm not sure that's what Harry is thinking about." Hermione said and thought Harry wasn't listening which she was correct. Harry continued to stare at the Slytherin boy and when Draco realized Harry was, they locked gazes and both of them couldn't pull away.

"Well, what are you insisting? I'm sure Harry would love to pull a little trick on that little piece of-"

"Ron, language! I think Harry may not hate Malfoy, is what I'm saying. Maybe at the moment he doesn't at least." With this Ron was reminded of how Harry had arrived to his house.

"Hermione, you don't think that Harry and Malfoy are friends, right?"

"That's what I was trying to hint at, Ron." Hermione said and Ron's ears quickly turned red which seemed to be his signature sign of anger. Finally, Harry broke the eye contact to look down at his plate which was still filled to the brim with all kinds of breakfast foods, but looked up at Draco once again who seemed to be gesturing his head to outside the Great Hall.

"Ron, Hermione, I'll be right back." With this Harry got up along with Draco and walked toward the outside of the Great Hall. The second Harry turned out the hall, with Draco right behind him, Draco pinned Harry up against the wall by his robes.

"Don't you think it's kinda creepy to stare, Potter?" Draco said with a tiny smirk worm on his face and his grip on Harry's robes tightened.

"Don't act so innocent." Harry replied and turned his head.

"Jeez, you go from that to not being able to look me in the eye." Draco slightly removed Harry from the wall and hit him against it again. Harry's he'd hit back with the jolt and swung straight to look straight into Draco's eyes.

"Says the boy who goes from holding me in a hospital bed to pinning me up against the wall. Isn't one of your arms supposed to be hurt? How do you explain being able to pin me up against a wall?" Harry said with a cold look in his eyes, but Draco let go, took as step back and smirked even wider than before.

"Oh, come on, Potter. I didn't take you to be such an idiot. Let's be honest, you and I both know that all this arm stuff is a blimey lie." Draco ran his fingers through Harry's hair, but Harry hit his hand out of that way and pushed him away. Draco hit the floor with a loud slam and multiple teachers came running out to see what had happened. Of course, Amon them was Snape, but with the teachers Percy, Hermione and Ron came running out into the hall.

"Potter, how dare you push an innocent and injured boy onto the floor. One hundred points from Gryffindor and not to mention the punishment in sure Professor McGongall will have you receive." Harry had thought he'd really done it this time but as McGongall went to pull Harry towards her office, Draco spoke up.

"Wait, it was my fault, Professor! I pinned him up against the wall and he was just protecting himself." Draco said with a sense of worry in his eyes and went to get back into his feet. McGongall stopped and turned to look at the boys while Hermione held Ron back from attacking the idiot Slytherin. "Listen, if anyone should be punished it should be me."

"Well, no matter what he did I shouldn't have pushed him. He shouldn't be punished." Everyone looked confused except for Hermione who looked like she expected something to happen and Ron who was visibly angry.

Everyone had agreed that the boys didn't need punishment and the day went on normally. That night in the common room they sat together and did homework as per usual, but no one asked about what had happened until Ron couldn't keep it in much longer.

"Harry, why didn't you beat the life out of Malfoy? Why does weird stuff keep happening between you two? Harry, is there something with Malfoy you aren't telling us, because if he pinned me up against the wall you know that he wouldn't live to see another day. So, Harry, why?"