Chapter 8

"Um... Malfoy?"

"What?" Draco answered angrily and his face showing it with creases from his frustration.

"As great as this is and all, um, do you not know how to get home?" Harry asked as they walked slowly down the Dursley's street and Draco was frantically looking around for a noticeably familiar area.

"I'm taking you home with me, idiot! I rather not be seen with you in front of my father, Potter. I'm taking you the Weasel's house." Both of them kept walking silently until they reached a random building picked by Draco and took a seat against the wall. Then Harry broke the silence.

"Okay, that's great and all, but how're we going to get there?" With this Draco looked at him as if he was stupid and Harry wished he didn't ask.

"The Knight Bus. My father has mentioned it before and this is a better time than any to use it." Draco leaned his head against the wall and closed his eyes just as Harry got up and walked towards a dark alley because he thought he'd heard something.

"Ah!" Harry screamed and jumped back next to Draco. Draco opened one eye to look at Harry who was now as white as a ghost.

"What's your problem?" Draco asked, but Harry didn't wish to explain that he had just seen what looked like a giant beast and gave the simplest reply.

"Nothing."

A moment later a large bus appeared in front of them and a young man Stan got on to greet them. He led them onto the bus, took their luggage and explained that they'd have to share a bed because the bus was packed. Harry looked at Draco disapprovingly, but Draco kept his eyes on Stan with a satisfied look on his face. They got into the bed and the bus started which made Harry's heart feel like it was in his chest, but when he looked over at Malfoy he was facing the ceiling looking content still. He must have sensed Harry's gaze for with this he turned his body, wrapped his arms around Harry and pulled him in. Draco's skin felt like ice on Harry's, but almost soothing and Draco rested his head against Harry's.

What felt like hours later, but was actually minutes passed and the bus had gotten to their stop. Harry tried to get out of Malfoy's arms, but he'd fallen asleep and was dead weight. Harry spent a couple more minutes trying to pry him off when Fred, George and Ron boarded the bus tiredly rubbing their eyes.
"Your friend was just getting off." Stan said as the boys tried to make out who was their guest. Once they did they all looked stunned at the sight and almost as though Draco had noticed this he quickly removed his arms and sat up. Harry rose and slowly walked off the bus while Fred and George kindly got his luggage.

"Ron, I didn't ask him to do that! I swear I-"

"I saw you trying to pry him off, Harry, don't worry it was apparent that you didn't want to be there." Ron laughed a little and offered Harry to come inside.

Harry didn't see Draco for the rest of the summer, but on the first day of school he was the first person Harry saw. While he was busy speaking to Ron, Draco tripped Harry and just gave Harry a cold, emotionless look as he laid on the floor. "What the heck, Malfoy? I'm not taking anything from you this year!" Ron yelled at Draco as his ears turned red like a fire hydrant, but Draco and Harry didn't break their eye contact with each other.
"Thank you, Draco." Harry broke the eye contact by looking down, but felt a thanking was necessary.

"What're you thanking him for? He tripped you for no reason and he-" Ron stopped yelling and realized that Harry was referencing the event from the summer. Harry never fully explained it, but Ron got the gist and understood why Harry was saying this. Draco didn't respond, but continued to stare at Harry while Crabbe and Goyle cracked their knuckles behind him until he realized and the cracks and spoke up.

"No. Harry Potter mustn't be bothered by you two." Crabbe and Goyle were airheads and hadn't realized that something had obviously taken place, but obeyed Draco and with that the two different friend groups walked away without another word.