DELETED SCENE-I

A/N:

Here we are!

This was supposed to be a part of the story when Aditi is in a mental turmoil about Mihir. She'd always found similarities between him and Aakash; the reason why she felt attracted to him in the first place.

This scene was supposed to be a flashback but then I thought I was digressing from the plot so didn't put it up. But here it is now.

Happy Reading!

*********

*RESEMBLANCE *   

"On your marks. Get set. Go." The coach's voice instructed as he blew the whistle for the Open Age 200 m girls' race.

I ran along with the other girls, taking a jog for the first 100 m and then picking pace in the last 100 m. Running had always been my passion; I loved how the blowing of the whistle sent a spark of adrenaline through my body and how the wind blew my hair.

I ran at full speed; ignoring the fact that I was second at that time and only the girl who came first would go on for the final race the next day. I let myself enjoy the feeling of running; until the finish line became a little too prominent.

Okay; time to get serious Aditi!

I picked up pace again and could hear the girl next to me curse. The crowd witnessing the race increased in numbers as I could sense a number of pairs of eyes looking my way.

Was I winning?

Bah! Who cares!

When my feet sensed a rope entangled to it was the time I realized the race was over. I could hear a lot of defeated 'ooohs' from the crowd. My body's momentum didn't allow me to stop all at once; and the entangled finishing rope to my feet didn't help matters when I tried to turn around to see what the matter was.

I tripped; falling face first to the ground; possibly getting a terrible injury the day I needed my flexibility most when a pair of strong arms circled around my waist giving me all the stability my body needed to prevent the fall. And yet, we both fell on the ground. The injury was greatly minimized; though as I tumbled on top of the owner of the two arms.

I blew my bangs out of my face to see who was my clichéd knight in shining armour and found the guy from Boards looking at me with bewilderment.

"Not quite a knight in shining armour right?" He asked.

Who cared about replying? Aakash was holding me deadly close to himself and my sixteen year old self didn't recall being this close to someone before. I didn't know how to respond; but with great will power; gathered my wits; replying;

"Well you did cushion my fall." I tried to get up from on top of him; a very awkward pose; realizing our legs were an entangled mess with the rope.

The whistle blew again; this time a touch too loud and became louder and closer.

"Anand! Malhotra!" Sir yelled at the top of his lungs.

Aakash and I staggered to our butts; our feet still entangled with the rope; looking at him red faced.

"Anand. How many times have I told you to focus on your race ahead?" His face was stern; and though I knew he had the rights to yell at me; I didn't like the fact that he did it in front of Aakash.

When I didn't reply; his gaze shifted to Aakash; who was busy disentangling our legs.

"And you; Malhotra." He looked up at Coach; with an expression that said he was preparing for a big thrashing, "Who asked you to pull that stunt? What if you'd get injured?"