Chapter 1

??? POV

"Hey, Brick! Come on!!" Butch shouted, pulling me out of the bed.

I groaned and pulled away, annoyed by the loud noise crashing into my ears.

"For what?!"

A short, small chuckle came from Butch, folding his arms in a teasing way.

"Forgot already?"

I shifted over to him, giving him a questioning look.

"Forget what?"

"We're going to the club! With our girls, remember?"

I nearly growled at him. "Your girls. And I thought I already made it clear that I wasn't going."

Butch made a small sympathetic look, letting his arms rest at his sides as he thought of something I tried so hard to forget.

"Come on, man...Princess loves you...give her a chance."

I shot out of my bed and faced Butch with a grimace. "She means nothing to me. She's just a thirsty slut who only wants me for something I won't give."

Besides, I was taken already. She just needed to come back to me.

"Fine. Then just go for the heck of it. Have some fun. Hang out with your bros! And if what you say is true, she'll be sweet talk'n the other guys there."

I rolled my eyes. "You'll be too busy with your girlfriends."

Butch shrugged. "You're talkative, make some friends."

I opened my mouth to protest again, but shut it. What was the point? He would just keep making excuses on why I should go.

I sighed and got out of bed.

"That's the spirit!" Butch cheered, patting my back with a thump.

"Just did this so you'd shut up..."

•••
Blossom's POV

I took the folder from the glass table. "What am I looking for?" I asked, roaming through the pages of the file. All the information of the place, but none of the target.

"That's what we want to know." Lucas replied slowly, his voice raspy and dry. He took another slow sip of his alcohol, making me wrinkle my nose in disgust.

"We simply want you to do a little thievery. Heard he had an important folder that shouldn't be touched. Retrieve it, and return it. Simple as that."

I slammed my hands on the desk, shaking it and causing the vase on it to fall and break. Lucas raised his eyebrows.

"I'm a killer. Not a thief." I scowled.

Lucas furrowed his eyebrows. "But you were trained to. And I heard you're a master at it. You always complete the job."

"Tsk, hell yeah I am. I'm the master at everything. But killing is my specialty. And that's what I do."

Lucas shook his head. "You mustn't kill him. It's important he's alive."

Anger fueled me, making me lurch forward. "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HOW IMPORTANT HE IS!"

"Blossom." Lucas said in a stern tone.

I gave him my death glare, feeling my pupils go small in a crazed way. He was trying to hide his fear, but I could tell he was afraid. I could smell his fear. Fear was the most wonderful scent to me.

"Retrieve and return. That's it."

I didn't need this shit. I had a plan anyway.

I snatched the gun on his desk and stuffed it in my pocket, then turned around and raced to the door. The only thing on my mind was blood.