Chapter 3

Brick's POV

The glare on her wasn't welcoming, making me hesitant on speaking. My mouth was parted slightly open, waiting for words to come that was stuck in my throat. 

What should I say? What could I say? A simple 'hi'wouldn't start a long conversation. 

Sweat rolled down my neck, and I quickly wiped it off with my hands. I was nervous for no reason at all. I talked to complete strangers before, what was so different about her?

Noticing my stare, she glanced at me, a side glance, eyes slanted down, not at their full height. They were pink like blossoms, light mascara on her eye beautiful and unique. Her auburn hair matched perfectly with them, making her even more gorgeous. Her cheeks were tinted pink, makeup probably, and red lipstick. She was flawless.

I knew I had seen her before, somewhere. It frustrated me that I couldn't figure out who she was. She was so familiar...

"You gonna drink that?" 

I snapped out of my thoughts, blinking and now processing what she had said. I was confused at first, too dazed by her beauty, then looked at my drink. "Uh...yeah, heh." I awkwardly took the cup in my hand, letting the delicious taste of Pepsi into my mouth. I put it down once I had enough, and turned back to the girl, seeing she was now facing forward again. I scratched the back of my head before speaking again.

"Uh, hey. I'm Brick." I put out my hand shyly to her, and was annoyed when she didn't even respond. I took my hand back, though I wasn't done yet.

"What's your-"

I was cut off by a snort, realizing it was her, and she started to giggle. It was cute. "Wait, you said you're Brick? What kind of name is that?" 

I rolled my eyes. "I like my name actually, but don't ask me that, ask my parents. I had no say in that decision." I joked, making her chuckle.

"So, you gonna tell me your name?" 

"Hmm, okay. My name is none of your business." 

I arched my eyebrows at her response, which she seemed to not care, and faced forward again.

"Will it kill you be nice?"

She smirked, taking another sip of her drink. "I don't do nice. Never been. Never will."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, you can start."

"Heh. You're funny."

Before I could respond, the sound of breaking glass silenced the club, dragging everyone's attention to the right of the room. A shattered glass was on the floor, the liquid flowing down the floor.

The man above the drink, who had thrown it down had an outraged look, his jet black hair sticking out and messy. His eyes were chocolate brown, slanted and full of anger. He had on a black shirt with a heavy green jacket, with blue baggy jeans and black converse. There was another man in front of him, completely covered with his black hoodie and jeans. 

"DAMN YOU! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID?!"

The man in black was silent. He only gave a short, inaudible murmur that only he can hear. "SHUT UP YOU BASTARD! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DANGER YOU PUT ME IN!"

The girl next to me smirked, not the slightest bit worried or scared. I wasn't either, just interested, being as nosy as I am.

The man who was shouting leaped at him, throwing punches at him until the guard who had been letting everyone inside stopped them by holding up the crazy one. He screamed at him to calm down, but it wasn't working, it just made him louder when the one in black had got up and ran. 

He finally stopped, staring at the ground with a bewildered face. Lost and scared.

The guardman let go of him, which he did nothing with his newfound freedom. The host of the club party I guessed, came to the center of everyone and told us to forget it and continue, which none of us could possibly forget, but did as he told. I watched him push the guy out, and again, acted as if he was still being held.

When I turned back to the girl, she was gone.

________________________

(Sorry it took so long to update!)