5. Kamikaze

I was currently standing in the video rental store, in one of the aisles. I was crouched down, trying to choose if I should actually watch Grown Ups again.

The door opened and I stood, the movie in hand, and saw Jackson walk in. "Can somebody help me find the notebook?" I laughed and walked over.

"Hey Jackie." He turned and let out a sigh.

"You're a girl right?" I laughed, my eyebrows pulling themselves together slightly.

"Um yeah, last time I checked. Why?" He ran a hand through his hair and looked back down at me.

"Would you rather watch an amazing movie about basketball, or the notebook?" I shook my head as I realized the reasoning behind his question.

"Movie night with Lydia?" He nodded and I grabbed his hand leading him the rack filled with copies of the notebook.

"You're a lifesaver." I then saw him freeze, he began walking slowly towards one of the aisles. Something was showing from the bottom of he shelf, looking as if it was lying on the floor.

"Jackson!" I whispered as he continued making his way towards it. "Of course walk towards whatever's on the floor in an empty video store, because that doesn't happen in horror movies." I mumbled following him.

We reached the end and my eyes widened in shock as a dead body was lying I the ground, it's throat slashed. We both began to back and jackson managed to bump into a latter. Knocking it down, it hit a light bringing it down with it, and turning out all of the lights. At the end of the aisles I saw to bright red eyes staring in our direction,"Jackson." He turned and his expression of fear worsened.

Jackson grabbed me and pulled me behind a shelf, ducking down and looking back out. He must've seen something, because he pulled his head back in quickly. It ran passed us once again causing movies to fall off the shelf we were near. My heart was punting in my ears and I prayed, not even caring how nonreligious I was at the moment.

The shelves behind us began to fall like dominoes. Jackson pushed me out and began to follow, but got stuck halfway as the shelf fell. I looked back and saw his legs were stuck under the shelf.

"You need to get out of here." He whispered, his eyes were filled with worry and I shook my head. "I'm not leaving you." I whispered back. Suddenly a shadow was covering the both of us and I looked up, making eye contact with it. I watched as it lightly scratched the back of Jackson's neck, it the fled running towards the window and smashing the glass as it ran through.

What the hell was that?

___________

I was currently sitting in the back of an ambulance, my legs dangling down. I'd been like this for a few minutes, still not able to get my heart rate under control.

I still stared at my hands, more cars pulling up. The sounds of doors closing and questions was blocked out by the incessant pounding of my heart. I suddenly felt if was being watched and my heart began to pound even harder. I searched frantically, my hair whipping me in the face as I turned. My phone then vibrated and I looked to see a text from an unknown number.

From: Unknown

It's just Scott and I, we heard about the accident. Knew it was the alpha, everything's going to be fine. Get home safe -Derek.

As I read over the text I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, and looked up to the roof to see the silhouettes of Scott and Derek.

To: Sourwolf
Thanks for the encouragement. And about the whole getting home safe thing, I'll try but I can't make any promises.