5 | "You can live with me"

~Avery’s POV~

      I woke up a few hours later to the sound of snoring. When I turned my head, I saw the face of the man that I had just had sex with. He still had the mask over his eyes and the curiosity was killing me.

      I slowly sat up, being careful not to wake him up. I grabbed the mask and pulled it off his face. A gasp escaped from my lips which woke him up. He sat up immediately and looked around until he saw me.

      “Zach?!”

      He opened his mouth to speak but I didn’t want to hear it. I slipped off the bed and started to grab my clothes.

      “I can’t believe you!” I cried. “I told you to leave me alone!”

      He jumped off the bed too and started to gather his clothes as well.

      “And I told you that I had to see you again,” was his answer.

      “So you find out that I’m going to this party and turn up here yourself?” I asked with disbelief as I pulled my dress on.

      “NO!” he cried. “I was already invited to this party. It was pure luck that you were here too,” he told me as he zipped up his trousers.

      I scoffed in disbelief and headed for the door. He was hot on my heels and followed me all the way down the stairs and out the massive house. I stopped when I realised that he wasn’t going to leave me alone.

      I turned around and glared at him. “Oh my God! Just stop Zach!”

      He held his hands up in the air and took a step back. “I was just gonna give you a ride home.”

      “No, thank you,” I told him and turned back around.

      He sighed. “I didn’t say that you had a choice,” I heard from behind me. He grabbed hold of me, lifted me up and threw me over his shoulder.

      “Put me down!” I screamed as I pounded my fists on his back.

      He ignored me and carried me all the way over to his car and threw me in the back seat. He closed the door and ran into the driver’s seat so fast that I had no time to escape. He clicked the child lock on just as I pulled on the handle. It didn’t open.

      “Goddammit Zach! Open the door!”

      “No,” he said calmly.

      When I get out of this car, he is so dead.

~Zach’s POV~

      She had gone really quiet ever since I had started driving. I smiled to myself. She’s probably plotting to kill me when she gets free.

      I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw her with her arms crossed and an angry look on her face. Damn, she looks so fucking hot when she’s mad.

      I stopped outside her apartment block and the second I unlocked the doors to the back, she shot out. I ran out after her but I didn’t need to hurry when I saw the building in front of me. There was smoke coming from the apartment block.

      I saw Avery run over to a man in his forties and quickly followed her.

      “What happened?” she asked.