1

"Seungkwannie, are you sure you are going to ask her out? It's not like I'm telling you you'd definitely fail, but we all know Jaeyeong's quite a character, and - "

But Seungkwan snapped before the younger one could even finish. "Are you done, Chwe Hansol? Because you know I don't ever ever ever change my mind once I make my decision." He stormed out of their dorm before any further arguments.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you if you get hurt." Hansol muttered to no one in particular, which was obviously meant for that big headed Jeju boy.

Crowded canteen.

It was very easy to find Jaeyeong for Seungkwan, after watching her for some time.

Walking towards her with all of his confidence, like a triumphant soldier already.

And clear his throat as if he was about to go on stage, but obviously not - not yet.

And sat right next to her even without her permissions.

"Oh, hey, Seungkwannie!" Hahae greeted him warmly, since the two were pretty close, not just because they were born on the same day.

"Yo, ladies!" He greeted them cheerfully, with pretty much all of his charisma.

"Yo!" Jaeyeong only smirked. 

And that was a detrimental one.

For a fraction of a second, Seungkwan wasn't certain anymore.

But he didn't let anyone see that.

"Jaeyeong ssi, would you like to go out with me?" He said it rather casually, and way too straightforward.

It was too casual that she might not have heard it.

So, she seemed to be busy on her phone.

Awkward silence.

The whole canteen was quiet, with everyone throwing their gazes towards the table.

"Oh, sorry, Seungkwan ssi. I didn't quite catch it. So, you were saying?" she looked up from her phone too casually as well.

And she looked like she didn't hear it as well.

Her acting was so good that she made it all seem way too real, and he even believed that.

His  heart started to ache.

"Nothing." He tried to his very best to fake a smile. "I just came to say hi. And I guess it's time to say bye now."

He was trembling as he stepped out of the canteen.

If he was always confident and full as a good sized balloon, then, she might always be the spiky cactus to get him down.

If anyone ever asked, she might not even know why herself.

But she just did it anyway.

========================

LH

2016/12/12