Taylor Ray Holbrook- Bonfire

" I love you baby." Taylor's voice echoed in my head. It's been four months since he'd left for nashville. Our life was perfect, A three bedroom house on a piece of land in madison georgia. when he left he said he'd be back once his record was released. That was last week.

Baby, I miss you and love you. I hope you have a good day. Call me when you get the chance.

His text lit up my phone. pulling me back to reality. I wonder what's up.

Quickly I type his number into my phone. One ring then his voice came through.

"Hey baby. Happy one year anniversary."

"Taylor is everything ok?"

"Yes everything is ok but I need you to do me a favor." We both paused.

"What is it?"

"I need you go out side."

"Like right now? I'm kinda busy."

"Baby just trust me do it." I quickly opened the front door, to be greeted by a plaid blanket laid on the grass under a single oak tree. A candle burned in the center, surrounded by two place settings.

" oh my..." Taylor stepped from behind the tree with red roses in one hand and a bottle of red wine in the other. "you're back."

"Of Course I am, I told you I would be." he handed me the roses and led me to the blanket. "I love you."

"I love you too."

we sat for hours talking and eating. His face glowed from the light of the candle.

"Baby, I have another surprise, but we have to leave." He stood up and took my hand. we walked hand in hand as he led me to the back yard.

"What are we doing back here?"

"Just wait. Ok lit it up!" A flash of light showed all our friends standing around a bonfire.

"Taylor, you did all this for me?"

"Of course I love you." Taylor said before his friend Kyle made his way too us.

Kyle came too us with two red solo cups and a huge smile.

"Is one of those for me?" Taylor asked with a sideways grin. That smile was the one that made me say yes when he asked me on a date the first time.

________________________________

"Nicole!" A voice called behind me. I turned to see viktoria's (my best friend) brother running out of the school."

"So, a candle light dinner on the docks, then a moon lit walk on the beach. How does that sound?"

"Sounds romantic, what's it for?"

"The date I want to take you on if you say yes." He stepped in fro t of me, blocking the handle to my car. A crooked grin filled his face as he stared into my blue eyes.

"Fine, one date. And your sister doesn't know about it!"

_______________________________

"Nicole." Taylors voice pulled me from my thoughts. "I said I'm going to get us a drink."

"Right, OK see you soon baby." He kissed me before he walked away

"Want to know something baby?" Kyle said as he leaned closer to me.

"Don't call me baby that's weird as hell!"

"He doesn't know your body like I do. He can't treat you right, baby I can treat you like a princess. Even give you a family." Kyle whispered before he wrapped his arm around my lower back, pulling me closer to him.

"Kyle stop!" I pushed his face way from my neck as taylor quickly approached.

"Kyle what the fuck man!" Taylor said before his fist collided with kyles face.

" Hey man I'm just giving her what you can't." Kyle laughed as he spit.

Taylors face became hard, and full of rage.

"Taylor stop its OK!" I called out, but only to what seemed like a wall. Taylor was to far gone.