Brett Eldridge- rest of our lifes.

The smell of bacon filled the air. The sweet aroma wake me from my sleep. Slowly I rolled over to see the clock read 5:30. A note laied on top of Brett's pillow.

"Good morning beautiful. Stay in bed, I will bring you food. I love you, Brett."

Footsteps echoed in the hall. Followed my Brett pushing through the door, with a tray of food.

"Good morning pumpkin." He said as he Layed the tray on my lap. He leaned closer so our lips can connect.

"What do we got?" I asked rubbing my hands together.

"So there is pancakes, with peanut butter and apple sauce. Gross but your favorite, Bacon, hash browns, and Oj."

'Yum. What is all this for? Oh no did I forget an anniversary? I'm sorry."

"No Renea. You didn't forget anything. You have done so much for me I just wanted to do something for you."

"Awe baby thats sweet. Will you stay and eat with me?"

"Of course I will." He smiled and kiss me again before leaving.

I began to cut into the pile of pancakes. I love when Brett makes them. He never tells me how he does it but they melt in your mouth.

Slowly I spun my plate around to try some hash browns. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a silver circle in the apple sauce.

I used my fork to try to get a better look at it. I held the fork in front of my face, with a ring hanging from one of the prongs.

"What the hell?" I quickly set the tray to the side and walked to the bathroom. "No, this can't be...."

"Renea where did you go?" Brett's voice echoed in the room.

"Brett, is this an engagement ring?"

"Yeah... I was wanting to be in the room when you saw it." He set his plate on the night stand. He slowly bent down on one knee. "Renea Brock, you love me unconditionally, every song that I write is about you. Without you I would still be working at Starbucks, dreaming of being where I am today.  will you make me the luckiest man alive and give me the honor of changing your last name?"

"Brett.... I dont know what to say, this is all so sudden. I need some time."

"Oh, right I'm sorry its probably to soon."

"Brett... Yes I will marry you."

"Really?"

"Yes, I love you so much. I can't even think of a life without you."