Put a little love in your heart

The only books I remember my younger sister ever reading when I lived at home was Harlequin Romance novels. She collected boxes and boxes over the years. I asked her the other day if she still had them and she said she has several huge boxes in storage with all her books in them.

I never opened a single one. I could not get past those guys on the cover who somehow either never had on a shirt or always managed to have it torn down the middle and wide open.  They all had 6 pack abs, square jaws, and flowing hair. The one I remember I seeing the most was a model named Fabio. I think he was on more than half of her books back then. I just didn't get why people would read those things, but then again I wasn't a teenage girl either.

Now that I like to write I have become more picky about what I read. Having said that, I do like to give good writers a chance no matter what they write. I don't like teen books geared to vampires or werewolves, but I have read them here on Wattpad and have a found a few of them to be very good. I don't generally like chick-lit or teen fiction or Romance but I have read them.  Romance book I have actually read outside of Wattpad? Yeah, it was The Notebook. My daughter put it in my bag as a joke one time on a trip. I read it and thought it was great. Then I saw the movie and thought that was great too.

There are a million romance books on  Wattpad but you won't find many in my library.  But the ones you do find will be from authors I respect as true writers. Liz Durano ( MorrighansMuse )  is one of the best.

Liz has found her voice in romance books. She writes books that tell honest stories about life and love. You will mistake all her characters for real people because she makes you feel what they feel. You won't be able to separate the fantasy from truth because Liz knows people. She knows what makes them what they are and knows how to show you that on a page.

I love her writing. She has found that delicate balance between narrative and dialogue that makes her stories flow like a quiet stream one moment and rush to drown you like a waterfall the next. You will fall in love with her characters. You will laugh and cry with them. You will follow with delight as they find love, or look away in angst as they spiral down a path that threatens to destroy them.

Hemingway said that a writer needs only two things

Hemingway said that a writer needs only two things. They need to "know human nature and they need to know how to write. Both of them take a life time to learn." Liz is ahead of the game. She is one of the few writers on Wattpad that cares about the craft of writing. If she is not writing then she is editing. She demands the best from herself and it shows in her books.

Liz is one of the few writers on Wattpad that has found the courage to take her work to the next level. She has published outside of Wattpad. Several of her books are available for purchase. Go to her profile and look for all her links and go follow her. You will not be disappointed.

So go find MorrighansMuse on Wattpad and follow her. Go put a little love in your heart. Might just do you some good.