balloons and elevators

"Which balloon should we get him?" I asked trying to hold my excitement.

"What about that one?" Felix pointed to a bright pink Barbie balloon tied to a dull grey bar.

"Perfect!" I exclaimed and told the lady behind the counter.

"Okay, let me go get one for you. That ones for display only." She exclaimed.

Shortly after she returned with the fashionable balloon and handed it to us. I was about to pay but Fe insisted he did. I didn't want him to pay but I knew how convincing he can be so I just let it go.

Soon after, Fe and I were behind the counter at the hospital.

"May I help you?" An uninthused monotone voice asked from behind the marble countertop.

"Ken Toastybuns," Felix told the lady, "Visiting."

( A/N I didn't know his real last name and I'm too lazy to look it up so deal with it )

"Okay, room 206, third floor." She said and turned her attention to the old woman behind us who was laughing at our balloon choice.

"I'm so excited!" I giggled and flailed my balloon around.

"How dare you, he's injured." He said pretending to be hurt.

"Yes," I said and put on my evil laugh, "for you see I was the one who made the floor slippery in the treehouse!"

"Without a caution sign? How could you, Jack!" He said and dramatically looked away.

"Are you kids going to get in the elevator or what?" A male voice asked."

"Sorry..." I mumbled and dragged Felix in. That left us both alone in the elevator.

"Why are you always so quiet?" Fe asked.

"Well I guess becau- EEEP!" I squealed and gripped Felix's arm.

"Are you scared of elevators?" He asked.

"I-I- No," I exclaimed trying to defend myself, "I just didn't expect it!"

Suddenly he hugged me.

"It's okay, there's nothing to be scared of." He said comforting me.

"O-Okay..." I said and burried my face in his chest.

-

;3