12

Title: Board-f*ck-ing-School
Author: sateenmusta
Rating: overall NC-17, at first PG-13
Pairing: Ryan/Brendon
POV: Ryan's
Summary: There is no tomorrow. There is only now.
Disclaimer: Not real. None of it.
Author Notes: At the end this time.

Previous

Twelve

The principal was chronically cleaning his goddamn glasses as we sat in front of him, side-glancing each other nervously. Brendon was a few shades paler than usual and I must've been too, even though I tried to sustain a calm appearance and kept on poking my nails serenely. Finally the principal spoke.
"So, what is it?"
I looked at Brendon who looked as much like alive question mark as I myself felt like being. I raised my eyebrows and then we both turned simultaneously to look at the principal.
"What do you mean, sir?" Brendon inquired silently. I resorted to a mere questioning expression, trying to drill holes through the principal's forehead. The principal looked as if he felt uncomfortable under my stinging gaze, and I smothered my wide grin into a slight smirk. Authority, much? Trembling under the gaze of a underage kid. I snorted a little disapprovingly. What a weakling.

"Undoubtedly Mr. Ross informed you about his last visit here, so you're probably aware of what this is about," the principal nodded to Brendon, who hesitated for a second before nodding back. I snorted angrily.
"I really don't get why this has to be such an issue," I snapped as the principal looked at me questioningly. "So what if we were in a relationship? So what if we were banging each others' brains out every night in our room? That doesn't affect either of our school attendance or success in any way, thus it is none of your or this school organization's problem!"
I crossed my hands over my chest and glared at the principal from between my long bangs. A quick side-glance proved that Brendon first went pale and then blushed as I mentioned the possible nightly sessions in our room.

There was a wrinkle in between the principal's eyebrows that went increasingly deeper as I spoke and he glared at me pointedly.
"However it is, Mr. Ross, you have no reason to talk to me like that," he snapped back at me, flushing red in anger. Brendon stared down to his lap and remained silent. The principal was boiling with anger for a while, but then he made an attempt to calm down.
"In this school we follow traditions quite strictly," the principal repeated the same as he had said to me earlier. "I wouldn't overlook a relationship between two boys as something highly traditional."
What could be more traditional? They did it in Greece a couple of thousand years ago, I snorted to myself. The principal gave me a warning glance and I smiled lightly before dragging a blank expression on my face.

"I've informed both of your parents about this," he said, staring me down strictly. I heard how Brendon's breathing hitched next to me, and as I turned to look at him all color had drained from his face and he was shaking visibly. I myself tried to remain calm on the outside and deadpanned the principal.
"And what did they say?" I asked slowly. I wanted to squeeze Brendon's hand but I came to think it might be a little too much considering the situation, and so I resorted to casting soothing glances at him from time to time. The principal glanced from me to Brendon and sighed.
"Your parents didn't seem to think much of it," he nodded towards me. "They were surprised but they said it wasn't exactly a surprise per say."
I grimaced. Of course.

"And what comes to your parents..." the principal continued looking at Brendon. "They weren't exactly pleased."
Brendon nodded weakly and looked down to the floor.
"They expressed very clearly that either Mr. Ross leaves the school or you'll leave the school."
My heart skipped a beat. Oh, well, here we go.

"And to what conclusion have you come with this matter?" I asked after a long silence. I didn't really need to ask. I mean, c'mon, I knew who'd have to pack their bags and leave, and it wouldn't be the nice mormon boy.
"Don't answer that, I already know," I muttered as the principal opened his mouth. Ha, got the one last chance to be impolite and bad-behaving towards authorities. The principal glared me.
"Mr. Ross, you can remain here until the end of this week. Then you'll have to pack your things and leave," he said staring at me pointedly. Like some reality TV show host who's kicking out the weakest link. I sighed and shrugged. Dan had managed to ruin everything after all.