A Date

"Lauren can you make me some tea?" I slump in my bed

"What happened to your voice?" She enters my room

"I don't know, I think it's all raspy and strapped from me going outside all the time without a coat. I need to start wearing a scarf." I say my voice still raspy

"Hate to say I told you so" She turns on the tips of her toes and heads to the kitchen.

I roll my eyes "So is that a yes on the tea?"

I make my way to my locker later on that day and take out all my books.

"Cass, just the girl I wanted to see" a sly tone in the person's voice appearing behind me

"Hey, what's up?" I say turning around to face the person.

"Ooh, you're voice" he says, I recognize the smug grin on his face.

"It's your fault" I look up at him with his 6 foot frame.

"How is this my fault?" Ace takes a step towards me.

"You made me run in the cold" I say low looking away from him.

"Oh yeah.. about that, why'd you run exactly?" He takes in my appearance

"Because I looked like crap it's embarrassing " I sigh scratching my ear

"No you didn't..you looked fine to me"he said, and I was in utter shock so I said nothing, trying not to smile.

"Well I did you a favor" he smiles widely at me, a cheeky grin on his face making my head fly up with his ridiculous statement

"How did you possibly do me a favor?" I cross my arms

"You sound sexier now" he says, we both join eyes and my face warms up.

"C'mon, we have class" he nudges me, obviously seeing his affect on me.

*time lap to lunch*

Lauren and I decided to have lunch outside of the college building today and Ace invited himself to tag along

"Why don't we hold hands anymore Cass?" Ace whines like a child, tugging on my arm.

"Ace we were never together" I take another fry letting out a little laugh.

"Then why'd you kiss me?" He looks me in the eye.

My face warms up immediately. What the hell, this never happens.

"Uhm...it was to-to stop..Matteo..re-remember?" I tried to let it go but it wouldn't work

"Why are you stuttering?" He smirks

"Ace stop" I punch his arm.

"You like me Cassedy, admit it" he leans in.

"I'll never admit it" I turned my head

"Why not?" He raises his eyebrows

"..b-because I-I don't."

"You're lying and you know it" there's a look of enjoyment in his eye.

"I'm not" I cross my arms

"You are" he leans in so close, I can feel his breath

In a matter of seconds he pecks my cheek with his lips and stands up with his food in one hand.

"Think about it" he winks and walks away

I'm silent for a moment

"I SHIP YOU GUYS SO HARD!" Lauren squeals

"Shut up" I glare at her

"You can't lie, you like him Cass"

"I don't, I said this already" trying to avoid eye contact.

"But you stuttered the whole time and honestly your face is STILL pink"

"Its only because we're outside" I pause trying to make sense of what I said "It's...cold"

"Whatever" she laughs.

*the next day*

"Hey Cass" Tara walks up to me with her books close to her chest and her arms wrapped around them like a super happy girl in a movie.

"Oh..hi Tara. Long time no see" I close my locker and turn to her.

"Soooo...." she rocks back and forth on her feet.

"So?" I laugh "what's up? What'd you need?"

"Well, I'm not gonna beat around the bush. James sent me to ask if you--"

I sigh, this happens too many times.

"To ask is Lauren is single?" I say "Yeah I get that alot. Well she is so he'll have to-"

"No" she cuts me off "he sent me to ask if you were single and if he could, you know..take you on a date" she nudges me with her elbow.

"Me?" Did I hear that right? James was asking me out? Me? Cassedy me?

"So? Is that a yes,no..." she stood there.

Maybe I should go.. I haven't had a boyfriend in years, let alone I've barely gone on dates. And this could be a good opportunity to get Ace off my mind.

That damn Ace. Who are his parents and why'd they make him so good looking? It wasn't fair. A beautiful creature like him and a terrifying beast like me.

"You know what..Yes. I'll go on a date with him" I smile a little.

"Omg really?" She literally said omg "He was super nervous..so I'll tell him! 6 o'clock at his house 'kay?" And she walks off, her shoes patting down the hallway.

*****
Look I know this is a bad Chapter I'm trying to add suspense k? Lol I'm writing this is school bc school is irrelevant. I don't know what to write rn so...☆ and 💬 because it helps me out and it's free! So why not? Bye, make sure to eat and drink some water