Thinking it Over

Cassedy's pov

"Ready to go in?"
I shake my head quickly and my knee is shaking like crazy.
Earlier on we got coffee after Ace picked me up. He was there when I needed him and that's what mattered most. Ace was so sweet, you'd never expect it. Not in a negative way, it's just like he was trying to maintain his bad boy or tough guy status. But when he wasn't around a crowd and just sat with me, it was the best version of him I'd ever seen. He wouldn't let me do anything on my own. By that I mean he opened every single door, pulled every single seat so I could sit, he didn't even let me put my milk in my coffee myself. We sat on opposite sides of the booth and when I reached for it he smacked my hand and slid next to me. He reached over me and grabbed the milk and said "you don't do anything" he ordered "just sit your pretty little ass here, relax, and eat" It sounded like he was directing me as if I was a puppy but he soon apologized and softened up. I know he had good intentions. He could tell I was already on edge and was just trying to help.

After that, we'd drove back to my dorm and were parked outside in Ace's care, ready to face the beast that was Lauren. We'd been out for far longer that we had planned to. My "date" with Jason was supposed to be over 4 hours ago, but once me and Ace got into the cafe we just talked and talked.

"What's the worst that could happen?" he rests his hand on my knee and I jolt from him touch. It was soft and warm.

"You say that now, but she's pretty feisty" I say trying to calm my heart. It wasn't easy to do when you had an extremely gorgeous human looking at you.

He laughs "She planned for this date to go perfectly with me and Jason and if I explain to her how it actually went, she'll flip. She might fight Jason herself"

"Aw" he sunk his shoulders and pouted "I wanted to do that" he whined playfully

I smacked his arm and he laughs

"okay let's go" I sigh "it's now it never"

We walk up to my door and I stand in front of it, Ace walks behind me at a slower pace. We decided I'd be better if I went in first, get the truth out of the way.

I knock on the door and turn back to Ace.
He smiles, his hands tucked into the pockets of his jeans "you got this" he mouths

You might think I'm over reacting but you don't know Lauren like I do. When she gets mad, she's like a grizzly bear on steroids.

Suddenly the door opens and a familiar voice greets me

"Hey! How was it?" Her voice fills with excitement.

"Well..." i look to the side

"Well what?" She quirks and eyebrow

"It sucked" my voice slumped

"Details. Now" she says leaning against the door frame.

So I tell her. I tell her any and everything. Once I'm in the middle of the story she stops me

"I don't get it" she says "it sounds like everything's going fine"

Then I explained the end, and her eyes widen. Her jaw muscles slacken so her mouth is hanging

"And Ace came to pick me up" I moved to the side to show him a few feet behind me. I looked back and he waves at her.