I'm Here

Ace's pov

"I'm here"

Her face is pressed up against my chest, and I can feel my t-shirt getting soaked. Her muffled heavy breaths cascade her mouth from crying so much. My arms are wrapped around her upper half, assuring her that I'm here for her. But her grip is much tighter. Her arms are draped around my waist and her fingers dig into my shirt, the cloth wraps around her fingers.

I didn't like seeing her like this, I thought to myself. She's such a strong girl,never needed anyone's help, so seeing her like this. It made my heart sink. I didn't even know I had a heart, but I could definitely feel it right now, beating faster than ever. I was worried, why was she crying so much? What happened before I came?

I soon felt her head lift from my chest, instantly missing her warmth and comfort. Slowly retracting her hands from my body she speaks.

"Sorry" she rubs her eye and tries to catch her breath. She rubs my shirt where her tears left a stain. "I messed up your shirt, there's makeup all over it" she laughs heartlessly, trying to lighten the mood.

"It's no problem, I didn't like this shirt anyway" I laughed softly and she giggled, more heartfelt this time. "How silly am I?" And said looking down "crying over a boy" she shook her head and it instantly clicks. The reason why she's crying. Why she's at a random karaoke place on a Wednesday. Why she had on more make up than usual,Which was now on my shirt not to add. She didn't need it anyway, she was naturally pretty. But all of this was because of the date. With Jason. I didn't know it was today. I didn't know anything about the date. After our argument we haven't talked..and that hurt me so much. Just the thought of her hanging out with another guy made me envious. But I knew now wasn't the time to get all tough, she needed support and that's what I'll give her. I'll give her anything she needs.

"You were crying over a boy?" I looked at the top of her head and she looked up at me.
"Yeah, it's embarrassing. I never do this.." she plays with the hem of her shirt

"Was it Jason?" I say, and it's as if time freezes. The cool air blowing around us stops, and she pauses. Desperate to hear her voice again, I wait for a response. We sat there, silence over taking us for a couple of seconds until she spoke again.

"Uh..yeah.." I see her rub her eye through her hair. When her hand comes down from her eye there's a glossy shine on it. Like she was wiping away newly formed tears.
"Oh..do you want to talk about it?" True to my word I would talk to her about it, if it made her feel better, then of course.

"No..Its just.. I'm sorry I should've listened to you but I decided to be the independent, stubborn, ass I am and shoot you down without letting you talk" she voice kind of shaken from crying a minute ago.

"I can't believe you're apologizing right now. Don't do that." The words come out unintentionally soft.

"Do what?"

"Don't, not be you. Don't apologize. Come on" I grab her wrists and swing them "Be the Cassedy I know and love"

"You can't love me" she turns away "you don't even know me"

"That can change" I say and she turns to look at me. "But, I do know that you love Disney films, I know that you despise Tomatoes and I know that you love rock bands. And that's just the half of it"