"WAIT SKYDIVING?"

"Let's get this date started" he wrapped his hand around mine and bolted through the seemingly never ending hallway

We  run past classroom doors some of which i made eye contact with teachers.
"Ace, i don't know if this is a good idea. We might get caught" i loudly whisper over the sound of our sneakers hitting the hallway floors.

"Cass, we'll be fine. Trust me i got you" he squeezed my hand for reassurance and pulls me through the back doors of the school.
He stops when we reach outside, turns around and holds both hands to my face firmly yes softly

"Stay here, I'm gonna go get my car."

"YOU DIDN'T GET IT EARLIER?" I questioned actually surprised by the lack of preparation

"No this was really last minute!" He shouted from around the corner of the building.

figures.

I stood there twiddling my fingers together with nervousness for about 3 minutes before his black Jeep Wrangler came swinging around the corner "Get in" he said from the drivers seat. Getting into the car and strapping on my seatbelt i said "Why does this seem like a terrible teenage flic where they run away from home?"

"Do you want to do that? We can if you want" he says shifting the car into drive, i laugh and deny his request though it does sound like fun.

He pulls off and we're driving for a minute before i turn to look at his profile. His features were sharp with structure yet soft with an excited expression. I unknowingly took in his entire being as he drove.
With his palm resting on the wheel, his arm flexing every time he steered the wheel as we made a turn to a new destination i suddenly began to realize that i had no idea where we were going.

"Hey, where exactly are you taking me?"
He sighs "ruining the surprise already, i see"
"I just wanna know. This place does not look familiar at all"

"Well, i was going to take you water tasting—"
As he spoke my excited features began to drop, he continued with
"where we'd taste like 80 different kinds of water and then do a test to see which one we liked best—BUT that's fucking boring so no we're not doing that"
I sighed a great relief and rested my hand of my chest, grateful that that wasn't what he'd take me to after having me skip detention. It'd feel like the same he'll honestly. He looked at me with offense surging through his face
"YOU WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED TO GO WATER TASTING??"
"No, why would i-"
"Water tasting is fun,hydrating,great, awesome, spectac—yeah you're right it would've been bad. I'm actually taking you sky diving.." and whatever he said after blurred.

No no no no no no no

"WAIT SKYDIVING?"

"Yeah skydiving!" He said with a foolish grin appearing on his cheeks

"ACE IM AFRAID OF HEIGHTS YOU KNOW THIS!" I grabbed his arm that wasn't on the wheel and began tugging it dramatically "I CAN'T GO SKYDIVING, ILL DIE—MAYBE BEFORE ITS EVEN TIME TO JUMP! ILL BE SITING IN THE SEAT AND ILL DIE! DO YOU WANT ME TO DIe?"

His soft yet firm hand took mine from his arm and held it on my lap. This somehow calmed me down more than it should've, so i looked down at it and saw how well our hands fit together-not only saw but felt. Like somehow his was how it's supposed to be. I noticed a red light coming through the windshield and realized we were at a red light. He took his other hand off the steering wheel and held up my face

"Hey, don't freak out, you'll be fine. I'm here, i already talked with the flight attendant 5 times to make sure that he was fully licensed and knew what to do. I also somehow made it so that I'll go down with you instead of some random guy attached to your back so don't worry, okay? We'll be fine I'll make sure of it"