This isn't your fault

Ace's pov

"Shhhhh" I held onto her back with one arm and rubbed her back with the other "it's not your fault, you didn't do anything wrong"

I couldn't imagine what she was feeling inside. I could practically see the hurt through her body structure. The way her head hung on my shoulder, back hunched over and body limp.

"Yes it was"

Hiccup

"I could've stopped him"

Hiccup

"But I didn't, I'm so stupid"

I let go of my grip on her and moved back a little. I didn't like moving away from her but she had to see my face when I said this. We were sat on the bed, her head hung to her chest.

"Cas" She didn't look

"Cassedy" I continued no roughness in my voice. No, not like Matteo's. "Cassedy"

"Freckles?" I said as I reached for her chin and lifted her head up to face mine..almost immediately dropping my hand to reach for hers and and hold it gently.

"This" I started "This isn't your fault, okay? None of this was your fault in anyway..I understand that—actually no, I won't pretend like I know exactly how you feel because that's just being fake so I'll say this. That moment impacted your life..in a terrible way, am I right?"

She nodded

"What happened made you feel low, and unworthy..right?"

She nodded again

"I hate saying those words because they aren't true" her brown eyes widened "Cassedy if I had to pick the strongest person I knew it would be you"

She shook her head, "No, but that's not tru—"

"It is true" I spoke up. "Listen to me. When I met you I saw a pretty girl that couldn't defend herself at the party that night. But over the months I've gotten to know and I gotta say..holy fuck you're one of the greatest people I've ever met."

Her brown eyes glistened as they looked in mine. That's what I liked to see.

"I've noticed how strong you are, maybe not literally because I can still take you down with one arm.."

He laughed a little.

There it is..

"But you've got a hell of a punch on you I must say" I smiled softly and she laughed a little more.

"I've seen you study until morning, Cassedy, not even knowing it was 3 am because you'd be so stuck on getting good grades to impress your parents. I've seen you clean up a classroom even though none of it was your fault" she looked at me.
"I've seen you read an entire 300 page book in a day! Who else can do that?"

She smiled..her soft yet bright smile, I loved it.

"I've seen you disinfect and wrap bandages around a certain someone's hand" I raised my eyebrows at her. "Which I still have on, by the way"

"I've seen you devour an entire pizza in minutes, which you though was embarrassing, yet I thought it was amazing. Honestly you eat as much as me and I love it, it's impressive"

She full on laughed now and hit my lap

"That's what I like to see. Freckles—you're perfectly fine..you had no fault in that situation. That's guy is a fucking idiot and I would really love to go and beat the shit out of him right now.."