Long time no see

~Two years later~

Y/N's P.O.V

I knocked on the hotel door and waited for a reply. A moment later, Luke opened the door.
"I missed you!" I squealed as I immediately hugged him.
"Missed you too, little sis." He chuckled as he hugged me back.
"You have to tell me everything, including where you went, what you did and if you met anyone." I smirked, wriggling my eyebrows.
"Stop, Y/N, I didn't meet anyone." He laughed.
"Luke, who is it-" my eyes widened as I turned to see Calum standing there. He stared at me with wide eyes.
"Hey Y/N, it's...good to see you." He spoke slowly.
"And you." I nodded as I walked up to him. He awkwardly bent down and wrapped his arms around me. I returned the hug and wrapped my arms around his neck. Suddenly, everything came flooding back. It was as if the last two years hadn't happened, it was as if Calum and I were still together. I closed my eyes and breathed in his smell of caramel, nicotine and mint. God, not even his scent had changed. I played with the hair at the nape of his neck, letting the memories of us dancing and laughing and just relaxing make their way back into my mind. A tear left my eye as I felt him start to let me go. I recoiled my arms and smiled at him. He returned it but it soon disappeared as he saw the ring on my wedding finger.
"You're...you're engaged?" He asked quietly. I looked down at my hand and nodded.
"Um, yeah, I, uh, have been for about three days now." I nodded. He returned it and bit his lip.
"So who's the lucky guy?" He chuckled slightly.
"You remember Ricky?" I asked. His eyes widened.
"The guy who tried to make a move on you at that party?" He scoffed. "Um yeah, that's the one." I gulped. He nodded and looked down.
"I need some fresh air." I gulped, looking at Luke.
"Okay, just go down to the lobby and we'll be here when you get back." Luke nodded. I returned it before quickly leaving the hotel suite and closing the door. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. What the fuck was I doing, being engaged to another man? I was in love, yes, but not with the right man. That's when it hit me. I wasn't in love with Ricky. I was still in love with Calum.

I walked back into Luke's hotel room and sighed. I took out my pyjamas and stripped of my clothing. I put my pyjamas on and peeled back the covers to one of the double beds before climbing in. I sighed as I lay down and rested my head against the pillows. I closed my eyes just as I heard the hotel door open. I kept my eyes closed, assuming it was Luke.
"What are you doing in my bed?" My eyes shot open. That wasn't Luke. Shit. I looked over my shoulder and quickly sat up as I saw Calum staring at me with wide eyes.
"I didn't realise it was yours, I thought it was Luke's." I gulped. He nodded and looked down.
"I'm sorry, I'll just sleep with Luke tonight-"
"No it's okay, we've shared a bed before, we can share now." He gulped. I looked at him.
"Yeah, when we were together." I scoffed. He shrugged.
"But friends can share beds too...we're still friends...aren't we?" He stuttered.
"Y-yeah, of, of course." I nodded. He gave me a small smile before taking off his shirt and walking towards the bed. I gulped before turning back to face the wall and laying down. I took a deep breath as I felt the bed dip down next to me. I looked over my shoulder to see Calum's back facing me. I sighed and turned back to the wall. Tears pricked my eyes. This was such a strange feeling. I wasn't used to sleeping with Calum without his arms around me and it was breaking me.
"Y/N?" Calum mumbled suddenly.
"Yeah?" I asked after a moment.
"I just want to say..." he stopped himself.
"Yeah?" I asked. He paused.
"I came back for you." He said.
"What?" I asked.
"The night you left. The night you went to America. I realised just how much of a mistake I had made so I went back but..." my eyes widened at his words.
"You were gone. I was too late." He choked. I gulped, trying to take in what he was saying.
"The one thing that's always bugged me about that was I never knew if I was half an hour too late or if I was just seconds too late. I hope to God it was half an hour, because that makes it even slightly less painful." He admitted.
"Why are you telling me this?" I asked. He sighed.
"It doesn't matter. Goodnight Y/N." he mumbled. I closed my eyes and opened them again as a tear left my eye.
"Goodnight Calum." I choked before closing my eyes.