Chapter 7

Hello, hello! I'm back!! And I am so excited for you guys to read this chapter. This book is just getting started and I can't wait for you guys to see what is in store! Also, would you guys like me to make an Instagram account for updates on my books and all of that? Let me know! Also, the new chapter after this will be up soon so keep your eyes open for that. I love you all. xoxox -Hannah <3

****************************

CHAPTER 7: Layla regained consciousness a few times on the ride, her eyes fluttering open. Sometimes Frank would be stroking her cheek while he drove while others he hummed to her softly.

Part of her wondered if she was hallucinating.

He had a beautiful voice, though, that much she knew.

It wouldn't be too long before darkness encompassed her again.

The next time she opened her eyes, she was more aware of where her body hurt and at that moment there was not an inch of her that didn't ache or throb with pain. Frank pulled the car to a stop and hopped out.

There was a boom of thunder that made Layla flinch and then whimper softly as the movement caused her pain to increase as her car door opened. Frank leaned over her, dusting a lock of hair from her swollen face.

"Alright, let's get you inside, baby." He said softly and lifted her out of the car.

Perhaps if Layla had been there on different circumstances she would have looked around to see her surroundings, see where Frank had taken her, but she was just too drained to do so.

Her head fell against his large chest and a soft sound almost like a purr rumbled out of him.

There was the sound of jingling keys before a door opened and Frank stepped up and inside. It was warm and it smelled nice. Frank set his things down, still managing to hold Layla easily with one arm before he cradled her closer and walked to the couch to lay her down.

She moaned softly and Frank caressed her cheek. "I'll be right back." He whispered and then his touch and presence was gone.

The darkness was rising up to swallow Layla up again, but before she could fully give in something soft and silky brushed against her fingers.

Slowly opening her eyes, Layla looked down and saw a small white cat nuzzling her hand.

A small and painful smile tipped up the corner of her mouth and she longed to reach and pick up the small animal, hold it to her chest and run her fingers through the soft silky white strands of the cat's fur.

She couldn't do that, so she merely allowed herself to wiggle her fingers, hearing Frank putter around the house for the things he was searching for.

Stepping back into the room, his eyes went to her and then the cat, something moving over his face before it was gone as he lumbered closer carrying a large plastic box with a red cross on the front.

A first aid kit.

Then he went and filled up a glass bowl with what Layla assumed was warm water. Frank slowly walked over and pulled the coffee table closer to the couch, turning to her a moment later.

"I'm too tall to kneel down here and do it. Lift your head for me." He whispered.

She did so, wincing with the movement.

Easily, Frank slid over and sat down on the couch before lowering her head down back on his lap. She blushed at the position, but warmth filled her blood, fizzing with pleasure and delight at his closeness.