Chapter 18

Hi everyone, I am FINALLY back. The first thing I have to say is, I am SO sorry that I was gone for so long. I have been very sick lately and I did write a post on my profile page, if you didn't see. It has been so bad to the point where I don't even want to move or get out of bed. Then, also dealing with doctors on top of it. It has been very difficult and I hate the fact that I haven't even had the energy to write. But, I am hoping things will start to look up! So, I have got a new chapter of Counting Sheep for you. If you can't remember what happened, you can always go back and reread just for a refresher! I will be updating soon, so make sure to keep your eyes open! This chapter is longer since I was gone for so long so it is a sort of 'I am sorry, plz forgive me.' lol! Thank you SO much for your support and understanding and I am sure you guys here this a lot, but I love you. I love you so much and I consider you my friend, as well. I am glad to be back and I hope you like this chapter of the continuation of Layla and Julian's story! Mwuah! XOXOX -Hannah <3

******************************

CHAPTER 18: Slowly, Julian walked up the porch steps. His hands tightened into fists over and over again as he tried to fight the welling of dread that had been building within him.

The night was silent as if scared to make a noise because something darker than the sky lurked in the shadows.

Something evil.

Julian didn't want to go in there.

It was a genuine fear that was filling him. Something tangible and something cruel. Just as he was about to take another step forward, the front door was thrown open and his partner, Dave stumbled out onto the concrete as he retched. It only made the sick feeling Julian felt worse.

Trying to calm himself, he walked towards where his longtime friend and partner dry-heaved as Antonio watched from the porch with a grim set to his usual full mouth. Setting a gentle hand on Dave's shoulder, he squeezed.

"Oh, god," Dave choked out as he looked up with watery eyes. "I-it's so horrible." He whispered and Julian's jaw tightened.

"It's okay. Just...take a breather." He said quietly, voice deep and gruff.

Swallowing, Dave nodded—stumbling to his feet. Taking in a deep breath of air, Julian forced himself to go up the stairs leading to the front door, even as the urge to run away grew with each second.

"Are you ready?" Antonio asked, face pale. Julian hesitated momentarily, unable to help it before he made himself nod. Turning, Antonio walked in and Julian followed. Instantly the sickly familiar scent of death hit him—of evil. His stomach turned, but he continued in.

The house was small, sparsely decorated except for odd knick-nacks here and there that were most likely bought from yard-sales or thrift stores.

"Another one of our women." Antonio said, voice flat as he stopped by the first sofa. Julian stared hard at a small white stone angel statue that sat on the hallway table, knowing that once he turned around there would be no going back.

The small piece was splattered with blood and gently, Julian wiped a finger along a smear of scarlet, staring at the residue on his finger before blinking hard.

Straightening his shoulders, Julian slowly turned. He fought to stay conscious at the carnage that lay spread about the room.

It looked like a bloodbath.

A massacre.

Not an inch of surface was unstained by blood or some type of bodily fluid. A long bloody trail led to the closet and numbly, Julian followed it. The carpet squished with each step, until finally it stopped in front of the closet. Hand shaking, Julian reached out and pulled the door open. His knees shook as he tried to stay upright.