Give Your Heart A Break

Kara Danvers knew how it felt like to live in a delusion, to feel alone, to feel sad and broken and she dare wouldn't wish it upon anyone. After Lillian's arrest Kara and Lena grew close. They tried to manage their hectic schedules to make time for each other.

Like most nights, Kara was going over to Lena's house but this time for a different reason. After receiving words of encouragement from Alex and Maggie, who were a couple and Kara couldn't be happier for them, she headed over to the CEO's house at 10:30 pm.

Kara twisted the key into the doorknob walking in. Lena trusted her enough to give her a key to her house. It was no secret that they had feelings for each other but Lena never made a move which upsetted Kara to a length she didn't know it would.

"Lena? You home?" Kara walked in nervously wiping her sweaty palms on her jeans.

"In here!" Lena yelled from the living room.

Kara walked into the room to see Lena lazily sprawled over the couch, still in her work attire. A red shirt on the inside with a black coat on top, her hair open and her legs showing off in a skirt. The outfit that Lena wore the first they met. When Kara wasn't even a reporter.

Kara's heartbeat increased.
"Hi.." Kara forced a smile nervously taking a seat. Lena was sure to detect tension.

"How was your day?" Lena looks over at Kara taking a sip from her wine glass.

"It was fine. Yours?"

"Long. I was hoping you'd come by." Lena flashed a smile, setting a now empty glass on the table.

"I came to talk..about..uhm..about-" Kara stopped to inhale sharply, taking a deep breath. This is harder than it seemed to be when she was being given a pep talk by the entire DEO.

Lena raised her eyebrow cockily.

"Us." Kara looked into Lena's eyes.

Lena understood. And it scared her. She was terrified. Lena tried to push away her feelings for Kara but they were as stubborn as her mother's constant nagging.

"I like you, Lena. I like you a lot and I don't know what to do with this feeling in my chest of just letting you know how much I want to be with you." Kara said shakily.

Lena looked up with a softer look in her eyes. It hurt her to see Kara this vulnerable but Lena had to reject this idea.

"I'm so sorry, Kara." Lena whispered as her palm gently cupped the reporter's jaw. Lena's eyes fell.

"Hey..no..you like me, right?" Kara's jaw clenched as her hand held onto Lena's tightly.

"Yes, yes I do. More than you can imagine. You're so beautiful, Kara. I'm not worthy of it. I can't risk your life by asking you to be with me."

"We'll get through it together, Lena! We always have. I can't pretend not wanting to kiss you anymore!" Kara raised her voice frustrated, standing up.

"Your safety is more important to me than my feelings for you. My mother may be arrested but that's not the end of it. She has sources, we're still in grave danger everyday. It keeps me up at night. I've thought about us too and I can't lose you, Kara." Lena leaned forward putting her head in her hands.

Kara sighed kneeling in front of Lena.

"Hey, look at me." Kara ordered in the softest tone.

Lena looked up with tears welled up in her eyes. Kara's heart shattered.

"You know what I love about you? Is that you're so strong and you're always willing to go out of your way if it means you can make things easier for others. However, you're making things very hard for me me, right now. You deserve to be loved Lena, you're worthy. You can't disguise your pain, at least not from me anymore. Give me a chance."
Kara begged holding onto both of the Luthor's hands.

Lena smiled. "You're the most loving person I've met. I just don't want you in harm's way."

"Don't forget, I'm Supergirl. I am pretty much in harm's way all the time. Where's the Luthor that loves to take risks? The one that believed that you can't live in fear?" Kara smiled tilting her head as her thumb wiped away a tear that escaped Lena's eyes.

"That Luthor fell in love with you." Lena chuckled.

Kara's breath hitched in her throat. She already knew Lena liked her and had feelings for her but hearing it urged Kara to react in a more confident way.

Kara leaned forward, both her hands cupping Lena's jaw. Their foreheads pressed together with their lips inches apart.

"Kiss me." Lena whispered wanting nothing more. It was what they both desired.

Kara's heart felt like it could burst as she put her lips on Lena's. Her lips were as soft as Kara imagined them to be, even more. Lena deepened the kiss as she sunk back into couch and pulled Kara on top of her. Their hearts beating as one.

Kara pulled away to catch her breath.

"We'll get through it." Kara reassured.

"We will." Lena smiled as she tucked Kara's hair behind her ear before pulling her in for another kiss.

//

Feel free to comment more headcanons for me to write on!

Cute double date ideas with Sanvers?